Windows 10: Rubbish in Search box

Within the last couple of weeks a small coloured cartoon image/icon has appeared on the RHS of the Search Box.

Every time the mouse pointer passes over it a large window appears with a collection of bits and pieces, including a large image of what I assume is supposed to be news or something to waste one's time on, like "Looking for the burrowing owls", plus smaller images titled "On this day 1902", "Quote of the day", and "Word of the day"

I didn't put it there

I don't want it.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it, please?

12 hours ago, ssomon said:

I wonder how it got there. Maybe just something W update thought I would like....................

Receiving that particular windows update will be determined by which version and features, of W10, you have installed on your machine.

7 hours ago, cajal said:

Receiving that particular windows update will be determined by which version and features, of W10, you have installed on your machine.

i have:

Windows 10 Home Version 21H2

Installed on 04-June-20  OS build 19044.1706

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

I had Update set to automatically download updates but ask before installing, but that choice seems to have disappeared from Settings, as optional updates are no longer offered, and everything available is it now downloaded and installed.

Windows Feature Pack contains your issue.

I imagine MS is looking to future-proof the os with a view to develop its capabilities to function over all its os platforms. By introducing a 'feature pack' the programs/apps, which historically have been wedded to the os, will become a separate entity with availability from their store. This would allow frequent updates to apps whilst the os continues with its bi-annual updates.