Sanctions and the E.U.

So, the E.U. can't agree on oil sanctions against Russia!! What a surprise! They are meeting again next month to discuss the 'problem'! Meanwhile the E.U. is effectively financing Russia in its war against Ukraine. There are just one or two E.U. countries that can be proud of what they are doing but collectively the E.U. is an utter disgrace and as an institution should be thoroughly ashamed of the way it is behaving.  And people want to be part of the E.U.!  Without a doubt Ukraine would be under the heel of Putin now had it not been for the USA and Britain. Those two countries can hold their heads high

Rule Britannia 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

So, the E.U. can't agree on oil sanctions against Russia!! What a surprise! They are meeting again next month to discuss the 'problem'! Meanwhile the E.U. is effectively financing Russia in its war against Ukraine. There are just one or two E.U. countries that can be proud of what they are doing but collectively the E.U. is an utter disgrace and as an institution should be thoroughly ashamed of the way it is behaving.  And people want to be part of the E.U.!  Without a doubt Ukraine would be under the heel of Putin now had it not been for the USA and Britain. Those two countries can hold their heads high

Rule Britannia 

Yep I agree...apart from the rule Britannia bit. That is a bit uncalled for. 

The EU has been a disgrace in the Ukraine conflict. There is no doubt about that.

But to be fair on France (given this is a French forum) the French...like everyone else in Europe (not the EU but day to day peeps who live in Europe) are doing their/our bit. Well apart from Macron. 

France would be a lot more effective (like the UK) outside of the 'EU' and their politiciens not shaggîng Germany every five minutes. It is so embarassing. 

I don't know if I live in France or Germany the way French politiciens behave. ?

Edited by alittlebitfrench

14 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Yep I agree...apart from the rule Britannia bit. That is a bit uncalled for. 

The EU has been a disgrace in the Ukraine conflict. There is no doubt about that.

But to be fair on France (given this is a French forum) the French...like everyone else in Europe (not the EU but day to day peeps who live in Europe) are doing their/our bit. Well apart from Macron. 

France would be a lot more effective (like the UK) outside of the 'EU' and their politiciens not shaggîng Germany every five minutes. It is so embarassing. 

I don't know if I live in France or Germany the way French politiciens behave. ?

Well I like to be fair, and realistic! Yes many people are contributing money, food, clothing etc. to help Ukraine but the reality is that it is a drop in the ocean. This isn't about a token of 'conscience' where people donate something and then, conscience satisfied, forget about it. This is about Governments, countries and official institutions such as NATO and the U.N.  Countries that should be helping on the scale of Britain and the USA but have been pathetic in their response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The one notable exception in the E.U. has been Poland. The E.U. as an institution has been, and still is pathetic, a disgrace in fact. I live in France and think it a wonderful country, with exceptions of course, but its political leadership has always disgusted me. As for saying Rule Britannia is uncalled for; Why? I'm extremely proud that my country is leading the world in its aid to Ukraine and not just with some token food and clothing from the 'people!

Rule Britannia.

• Like 2