Swimming

Ken

I'm off to Sweden in a few weeks to swim across the Arctic circle to Finland (always assuming Putin hasn't invaded them!!) It's an annual competition limited to a couple of hundred of people though because of covid it has been cancelled for the last two years. I started long distance swimming several years ago though it has to be said that my 'long distance swimming' is nothing compared to many. I swim maybe 5 kilometres in training and many swim distances that I could only do in my car!!

My training is in a lake or the sea as meandering up and down a swimming pool would drive me mad! Bumping into those 'swimmers' who plod along keeping their hair dry drives me to distraction!! I wonder if there are any swimmers here, not the 'keep hair dry' sort but real swimmers?

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Cassy0110 said:

I just can't figure out what's Putin got to do with it

With due respect if you can't associate Putin's recent threats to Finland and Sweden with my comments about swimming between the two countries you must have been living on a desert Island!! You do know that there is a war going on I suppose?