Slow server?

Kong

This is the slowest site to load that I visit.  It is painfully slow to  move from one page to the next.  50% of the time it just 'times out' and shows an error message.  Really, really bad and has been this way (at least for me) since the software change.  I often just give up on the site.  It takes far too long to post anything, read anything or navigate between pages.

Never have this issue with any other site I visit.

• Like 1

This all started a few days ago after this site was offline, presumably having been being jacked up, greased and had it's oil and filter changed or whatever the technerds do with websites.

The biggest problem is when you try to post a reply, you press the submit button and nothing seems to happen, you don't quite know if your reply has been posted, ignored or binned.

Edited by Harnser

54 minutes ago, Harnser said:

This all started a few days ago after this site was offline, presumably having been being jacked up, greased and had it's oil and filter changed or whatever the technerds do with websites.

The biggest problem is when you try to post a reply, you press the submit button and nothing seems to happen, you don't quite know if your reply has been posted, ignored or binned.

I posted a few days ago in another topic, that I usually go to topics by opening a new tab from "All Activity".

I have found that, when I have written a reply, and there is a long delay before it appears, it is usually present in "All Activity" if I return to that tab.

Saves siting waiting to see what's happening, or making a double post.

The server or the software is a pain in a sensitive place whose other name is a word for storing water. I use Safari but am not sure it is the cause.

Archant are all a bit  up in the air at the moment so not sure if they can or would help; our usual link person has been put on holiday leave, apparently.

Archant sold the French magazines to the France Media group who publish French Entrée and France Today. Quite what will happen to Complete France, related mags and forums is as yet a mystery.

12 hours ago, Lori said:

This is the slowest site to load that I visit.  It is painfully slow to  move from one page to the next.  50% of the time it just 'times out' and shows an error message.  Really, really bad and has been this way (at least for me) since the software change.  I often just give up on the site.  It takes far too long to post anything, read anything or navigate between pages.

Never have this issue with any other site I visit.

Snap. I have a very fast fibre connection and all other sites load in seconds (or even faster!) but this site just hangs until it finally loads. Then it takes forever to move from topic to topic or page to page. I usually get impatient and go elsewhere. I've up-to-date Windows, ditto Firefox so no obvious version / compatibility issues.

I realise there's nothing to be done atm with - as the Banana explains - lack of helpful and informed tech support but I thought it was worth commenting that I'm another with access problems.