EU, France & Germany - blood on their hands - again

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/04/23/want-return-alive-watch-haunting-video-children-siege-mariupol/

Dare any of you eu supporters, brexit haters - WATCH this video - and then have the guts to stand up and tell me the eu, and france & germany are 'believers in freedom'.

Go on - dare any of you - any takers.

It is obvious that France and Germany have been sending arms to the Russians.  They have also been buying Russian gas - talk about feeding the Devil.

We saw France's reaction to the Oxford AZ vaccine - Macrons' sneering at the Oxford vaccine etc etc, and now we have Germany refusing to send weapons and tanks to support Ukraine.

I hope the French and German people are proud of themselves, their countries - and the b---y eu - what wonderful, marvellous people and countries - and institution.-   NOT.

Disgusting behaviour from our so-called allies.

Go on - watch the video - then tell me that the eu, France and Germany are standing up for freedom and democracy - go on.......

chessie

French and Germans (like everyone else) stand up for freedom and democracy.

French and German politiciens on the other hand don't. They never have and never will. 

Anyone heard from Angela Merkel recently ?

Was she not best mates with Mr Putin ?

Whoever wins today in the French election, will say they are standing side by side with Ukraine and then do the opposite. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

10:49am

Gas prices fall as EU firms look to swerve sanctions

Natural gas prices have fallen for a second day as European firms look for ways to keep paying for Russian gas without breaching sanctions.

Germany's Uniper, Italian firm Eni and Austrian rival OMV are all said to be preparing rouble accounts at Gazprombank, allowing them to keep paying for supplies.

The firms have argued the move complies with the law, but EU officials have said opening rouble accounts would violate sanctions.

The row shows how the bloc's unity in the face of Russia's aggression is starting to crack.

Benchmark European gas prices slipped as much as 3.9pc, while the UK equivalent lost 3pc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a disgusting state of affairs. The E.U. is quick to condemn its only real friend in Europe for anything but when it comes to Russia it plays it softly softly. Ian effect some E.U. countries are supporting Russia in its war with Ukraine. If Putin wins this war we know who to blame, E.U supporters are a bit thin on there ground these days! I wonder why!!

Deafening silence from the usual EU-supporting suspects on this forum.    And they are the first to complain of an "attitude" problem on another thread.     This forum has been hugely improved by the appearance of a few Brexit supporting folk,   and the other lot I suspect are better at dishing it out (having had the forum as their fiefdom for too many years) than they are at being on the receiving end.......

Has the good old Guardian had anything to say on this matter?   ?   Normally we're quickly pointed to it as the source of all verities,   and all that is good and virtuous.  

• Like 1

On 27/04/2022 at 22:01, Riggers said:

What does Angela Merkel have to do with it

Assuming you don't know, a simple explanation is that AM was the chancellor of germany who oversaw the closure of germany's perfectly viable nuclear power stations using the Fukushima power station tsunami explosion as an excuse.

Thereby sentencing germany to be reliant on Russian gas for power generation and domestic and industrial heating.

Suspected of being one of Putin's useful idiots due to her east german communist roots and past employment there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggers said:

I was responding to ALBOF comment has anyone heard from Angela Merkel recently 

Given she’s retired why would she be commenting ?

Nord Stream 2 perhaps ?

Lets be clear, Merkel and Putin were best buddies. 

I get the feeling (given she/Germany ran the EU....which is why really the UK left the EU) she was either blindsided or she is party to the events that we have today.

Germany is in no mood to turn off the gas it seems and reluctant to supply Ukraine with weapons.....even today.

The great EU. NOT !

The UK on the otherhand (not in the EU) does it's fair share.

Macron (not France) does whatever he is told. 

Don't just luv it. ?

I know who's side I would rather be on. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

5 hours ago, Riggers said:

Gerhard Schröder, the Chancellor before Merkel,  now enjoying being a mouthpiece of Russia and sitting on several Russian boards is commenting regularly so why not Merkel? Perhaps she is also waiting for positions to be offered on some Russian businesses!! Don't be naive! The  post by Hanser explains why!

On 30/04/2022 at 09:18, Riggers said:

A Russian MP has labelled Great Britain “more evil” than the United States in an impassioned tirade on state TV, where the UK was also accused of stealing the “Russian” invention of fish and chips. Andrei Isayev, a pro-Kremlin politician, said that of “that couple that we constantly mention,” the UK has “of course historically” been “more hardcore anti-Russian” than the US. He said: “They’re basically Siamese twins, or two heads of a dragon, but Britain has historically been the more evil head of the dragon because in that couple it has responsibility for Europe.”

When they start talking absolute nonsense the you know you are winning!. No doubt he was as p--ssed as a parrot, the default state for a Russian but to say we pinched their 'fish and chips' is certainly a case for going to war!!!! Next it will be Yorkshire pudding for heavens sake!!

I see Putine's idiot has been on the phone again! Asking that civilians be evacuated. Putin, in reply, said the west must stop supplying arms to Ukraine! What the idiot replied to that wasn't reported!!! France, incidentally, has sent seven, yes seven, pieces of artillery to Ukraine; or at least have said they will! As for Germany and theE.U.!!!! Just who's side are they on?

And now the E.U. is going to ban Russian Oil; eventually!!!! A couple of countries get dispensation, but that is par for the course I suppose! As for gas, well Germany can't be without can it so that isn't included in E.U. statement. It was interesting to hear that Germany is blaming Ukraine for the 'diplomatic row' between them. Sweden and Finland going to join N.A.T.O and Poland leading the way with regards aid for Ukraine. Is there actually a purpose of the E.U. other of course than a platform for Macron to strut his ineffectual stuff and the Germans in running the E.U. for its own self interest?

• Like 1

It gets even 'better'! Now the. E.U. has said it 'will significantly increase its support for Moldova'!!! How about giving 'significant support' to Ukraine!!!!! Is there anyone supporting the E.U. anymore?  Moldova, you have just been given the kiss of death by the E.U. 

The history of the origins of fish and chips is fascinating. Earlier generations of 'boat people' immigrants brought first fried fish (by sephardic Jews from Spain via Portugal) and then fried potato (Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe) to London. The two supposedly being first combined by Joseph Malin in the East End of London in mid 19th Century.

There are also links back to 6th Century Persia and thence perhaps to Russia, raising the fascinating question of whether before or after 882 when Prince Oleg of Novgorod seized Kiev. What's that about history rhyming?

https://foodicles.com/fish-and-chips-history/

1 hour ago, ko12x2 said:

The history of the origins of fish and chips is fascinating. Earlier generations of 'boat people' immigrants brought first fried fish (by sephardic Jews from Spain via Portugal) and then fried potato (Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe) to London. The two supposedly being first combined by Joseph Malin in the East End of London in mid 19th Century.

There are also links back to 6th Century Persia and thence perhaps to Russia, raising the fascinating question of whether before or after 882 when Prince Oleg of Novgorod seized Kiev. What's that about history rhyming?

https://foodicles.com/fish-and-chips-history/

I have never liked fish and sheeps...or is it ships. 

5 hours ago, Ken said:

Is there actually a purpose of the E.U. other of course than a platform for Macron to strut his ineffectual stuff and the Germans in running the E.U. for its own self interest?

No.

But you are wasting your time educating those who are more pîssed off about their loss of FOM and having to have a different coloured passport.

The EU is a sham.

BTW...you forgot Hungary.  Where the PM is best mates with Putin.