Ukraine and the E.U.

Ken

It was with interest, a somewhat a disgusted interest, to read that Germany is refusing to supply Ukraine with much needed heavy arms. It was worse to read that Macron would make no comment. The conclusion to be drawn from that is obvious. It could almost be said that France and particularly Germany are, in all practical purposes, helping the Russians by not supplying much needed assistance to Ukraine. In Macron's case his silence is despicable particularly as he is hold the rotating Presidency of the E.U. Putin will see this a a division in the E.U. and no doubt exploit it. Some E.U. countries are acting independently and it is very much to their credit. What is the E.U. stance, officially? They are looking at more sanctions; looking mind you.

Supporters of the E.U must, or should be, looking at this morally corrupt organisation that has acted abysmally over the last several years from the pandemic to now resisting aggression in Europe and wonder why they support it. A unified Europe! Not a hope in hell as long as countries like Germany and France show more interest in themselves than the hypocritical clap trap that they spout about unity. There are others but these two are supposed to set an example with their authority and influence. Then again, what can one expect. History really does teach us something, if you are prepared to learn of course!!!

And now Mèlenchon wants to be Prime Minister! On the T.V. he stated that he wants the public to vote for him to become P.M. Not sure how that works as I believe the President has the final say over whom he wants as his lap dog and Macron is sure to continue as President.

I suppose given the stance France has taken regarding Ukraine Mèlenchon could be a good choice! Being extreme left, I believe he was a communist before realising he would never be President as long as he was, Macron could appoint him knowing that he wouldn't have any trouble and then they could both suck up to Putin! Mèlenchon would sell his soul to become P.M so I doubt he would have any problem becoming Macron's tame P.M. In a way I would find it more entertaining than the invisible man purporting to be P.M. at the moment!! 

"I doubt he [Melenchon] would have any problem becoming Macron's tame P.M. In a way I would find it more entertaining than the invisible man purporting to be P.M. at the moment!! "

Castex the current PM is the original invisible man, that's why he is Macron's prime minister, little visibility or character, no danger to Macron, the perfect choice!

If you remember what happened when Macron's previous prime minister, Edouard Phillippe, fell from grace because he became more popular than Macron so had to be got rid of, I could see the same situation playing out with Melenchon who could play to the gallery of his left-wing supporters as PM to his hearts content!

6 hours ago, Harnser said:

"I doubt he [Melenchon] would have any problem becoming Macron's tame P.M. In a way I would find it more entertaining than the invisible man purporting to be P.M. at the moment!! "

Castex the current PM is the original invisible man, that's why he is Macron's prime minister, little visibility or character, no danger to Macron, the perfect choice!

If you remember what happened when Macron's previous prime minister, Edouard Phillippe, fell from grace because he became more popular than Macron so had to be got rid of, I could see the same situation playing out with Melenchon who could play to the gallery of his left-wing supporters as PM to his hearts content!

I certainly agree about Edouard Philippe, a future president I'm sure. Should Melenchon get his wish then I think he would 'tame' his enthusiasm and rhetoric to remain in place as P.M. The man is salivating at the thought of becoming P.M. so once in situ (if it happens!) I think he would bend to his master!

I wonder if EP would want the presidency - his wife is known for shunning the limelight and being in the public eye.

So far he has supported Macron and his policies, the best chance at the presidency he had was to contest this election, but he didn't.

On 20/04/2022 at 07:54, Ken said:

It was with interest, a somewhat a disgusted interest, to read that Germany is refusing to supply Ukraine with much needed heavy arms. It was worse to read that Macron would make no comment. The conclusion to be drawn from that is obvious. It could almost be said that France and particularly Germany are, in all practical purposes, helping the Russians by not supplying much needed assistance to Ukraine. In Macron's case his silence is despicable particularly as he is hold the rotating Presidency of the E.U. Putin will see this a a division in the E.U. and no doubt exploit it. Some E.U. countries are acting independently and it is very much to their credit. What is the E.U. stance, officially? They are looking at more sanctions; looking mind you.

Supporters of the E.U must, or should be, looking at this morally corrupt organisation that has acted abysmally over the last several years from the pandemic to now resisting aggression in Europe and wonder why they support it. A unified Europe! Not a hope in hell as long as countries like Germany and France show more interest in themselves than the hypocritical clap trap that they spout about unity. There are others but these two are supposed to set an example with their authority and influence. Then again, what can one expect. History really does teach us something, if you are prepared to learn of course!!!

I started a similar thread on another French forum yesterday and got banned today for speaking up about this matter. Well that did not take long of course. Just proves that half wit expats/immigrants living in France have no clue about what is going on around them and only concerned about their own situation. 

France (Macron) will do whatever Germany tells it to do. It is basically that. France has been pathetic with regards to the Ukraine situation. Well apart from individual French folk helping refugeees and aid given as we all do.

MLP seems to be on the Russian payroll.

These are very worrying times.

So is France in the West, the East or the EU.....is a question I asked ?

So yeah, I personally can't wait to move back to the UK. 

You know, Brexit was the right thing to do. Peeps have to accept that now. 

The EU is a mess. 

5 hours ago, Harnser said:

I wonder if EP would want the presidency - his wife is known for shunning the limelight and being in the public eye.

So far he has supported Macron and his policies, the best chance at the presidency he had was to contest this election, but he didn't.

I must admit that I also thought this was a good opportunity for him to become President. He is obviously a very bright and personable man and I think that he is waiting until the next time around. Macron can't run again and le Pen is never going to make it so perhaps EP is being very astute!!

3 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I started a similar thread on another French forum yesterday and got banned today for speaking up about this matter. Well that did not take long of course. Just proves that half wit expats/immigrants living in France have no clue about what is going on around them and only concerned about their own situation. 

France (Macron) will do whatever Germany tells it to do. It is basically that. France has been pathetic with regards to the Ukraine situation. Well apart from individual French folk helping refugeees and aid given as we all do.

MLP seems to be on the Russian payroll.

These are very worrying times.

So is France in the West, the East or the EU.....is a question I asked ?

So yeah, I personally can't wait to move back to the UK. 

You know, Brexit was the right thing to do. Peeps have to accept that now. 

The EU is a mess. 

The situation with France and Germany, I have always thought, is as it is. Germany calls the tune and France dances to it.  Macron likes to think he is a leader but any right thinking person would understand Germany is top dog in Europe, even with this motley crowd they have now! I thought it incredible his accusation that Le Pen was in Putins pocket!! His phone calls and trip to the 'Long table' his supporters see as helping, but whom I ask myself; certainly not Ukraine! Possibly himself, Putin then Germany but not necessarily in that order!

What I find very disappointing is the behaviour of the rest of the E.U.. Some individual countries have acted and supplied Ukraine and it is very much to their credit they have done so. The E.U. though, as a whole, is absolutely pathetic and had it been left to them Russia would now be all over the Ukraine. 

I can well understand that you have been banned from stating your views about the situation. This site is quite stunning with regards the absence of comments supporting Ukraine, the silence is thundering!! probably because of perceived criticism of the E.U; the 'Holy Cow'!!!

4 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I started a similar thread on another French forum yesterday and got banned today for speaking up about this matter.

I don't think you got banned for speaking up about Ukraine, bud. Wasn't it more when you got going on your usual two favourite hobby horses, Macron the man and the parlous state of France, but specifically in this case Macron's hairy chest and his rubber dxck etc? Your Macron obsession gets peeps' wires over there, but to be fair it is incredible how quick you can twist any topic round to those two subjects.

Oh and how's the visa application for Madame going?

1 hour ago, EuroTr@sh said:

I don't think you got banned for speaking up about Ukraine, bud. Wasn't it more when you got going on your usual two favourite hobby horses, Macron the man and the parlous state of France, but specifically in this case Macron's hairy chest and his rubber dxck etc? Your Macron obsession gets peeps' wires over there, but to be fair it is incredible how quick you can twist any topic round to those two subjects.

The rubber duck joke was funny though ?

Was not really planning to stay long as you could tell. I have been waiting for colissmo to deliver some stuff I desperately needed and got bored. It arrived today....two days late. 

It is an American forum to be fair so they struggle with humour. Unless you count 'Back in France' who is half British half French that grew up in Austraila and the....UK. Work that one out ?

1 hour ago, EuroTr@sh said:

Oh and how's the visa application for Madame going?

Did you know that since Brexit the French represent the largest number of EU nationals applying for VISA's in order to move/work/study in the UK.

Read into that as you will. But I am guessing it is something to do with the state of France and it's politics. 

We stopped off in Oxford the other day. Full of French. Full ! It was like being at home.

Madame will be alright. 

48 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Did you know that since Brexit the French represent the largest number of EU nationals applying for VISA's in order to move/work/study in the UK.

Read into that as you will. But I am guessing it is something to do with the state of France and it's politics.  

Not sure what your point is? I thought it was oft said that London is France's largest city in terms of population, so Froggies moving/working/studying in the UK in their droves is not exactly a new thing. But I think you'll find that the number of Froggies who can be bothered to apply for visas, is a tiny fraction of the number that used to move there before visas were necessary.

Apparently nobody is bothering to come and study at EFL schools in the UK now, and what used to be a thriving industry is all washed up.

https://www.elgazette.com/brexit-bashes-uk-language-schools/

And now the E.U., no doubt at the prompting of Germany, has said countries may not be breaking sanctions if they pay for gas in Roubles!! It isn't  hard to feel a greater contempt not only for Germany but the E.U. as a whole. If all the member states simply go along with this they should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Have they no real moral stance? It really is quite disgusting. What is just as disgusting is the lack of criticism aimed at the E.U. from its 'supporters'. Do they lack the same moral courage? It would seem so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken said:

What is just as disgusting is the lack of criticism aimed at the E.U. from its 'supporters'. Do they lack the same moral courage? It would seem so.

Damn, I wasn't going to bite, but go on then...

Who are these 'supporters'?  Lack of replies may be due to something else entirely.

10 hours ago, betise said:

Damn, I wasn't going to bite, but go on then...

Who are these 'supporters'?  Lack of replies may be due to something else entirely.

Well, without getting excited; It is usually criticism of the U.K. ; be it N.I. protocol, holiday homes, exchange rates or whatever that E.U. supporters  denigrate the U.K. and its leaving the E.U. 

Now, because of the war in Ukraine it is rare, at the moment at least, that those same people are not spouting their usual anti U.K. remarks, possibly because of a concern that it could be seen that they are not supporting Britain and its efforts in fighting the Russians. But; being 'loyal' to the E.U. they can't find it in themselves to condemn the E.U. for it lack of support for Ukraine. That's why I posed the question about moral courage. As for 'who they are', well, only they would know wouldn't they? Just who is going to own up and say the E.U. is behaving badly in this war or that the U.K. is wrong to support Ukraine in the way that it is, not E.U. supporters!!

• Like 1

On a similar theme,   I was reminded yesterday as to how Macron had cleanly got away with his unfounded scurrilous mendacious remarks about the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine.     Had Trump said anything like that the usual lynch mob would have been out in force,  but because it was St Jupiter it was somehow "OK".    The hypocrisy of the virtue-signalling liberal-elite is sickening.

Talking of saints,   St Greta has gone very quiet.   I wonder how she feels about Sweden contemplating joining NATO....    I'd love to know if she's more scared of that,  and Putin wanting her country back in the Russian fold,  than of her usual nightmares......

Edited by Martin963

46 minutes ago, Martin963 said:

On a similar theme,   I was reminded yesterday as to how Macron had cleanly got away with his unfounded scurrilous mendacious remarks about the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine.     Had Trump said anything like that the usual lynch mob would have been out in force,  but because it was St Jupiter it was somehow "OK".    The hypocrisy of the virtue-signalling liberal-elite is sickening.

Talking of saints,   St Greta has gone very quiet.   I wonder how she feels about Sweden contemplating joining NATO....    I'd love to know if she's more scared of that,  and Putin wanting her country back in the Russian fold,  than of her usual nightmares......

Rather damning article this morning about France being the biggest importer of arms to Russia since Russia occupied the Crimea. guess which country was second largest supplier; Germany of course followed by Italy. The E.U. has now closed, apparently, the loophole that allowed these countries to do it. Most, if not all that suppled to Russia is, according to reports being used in Ukraine. Apparently if the supplying country  accepted that the arms they were supplying were for 'domestic' use only then it was o.k.!! It staggers belief! It really is a disgusting situation. The hypocrisy  is almost unbelievable but where these countries are concerned quite acceptable. Not much criticism of that either from supporters of European integration!!

1 hour ago, Martin963 said:

If this Oxford professor's comments are to be believed, Macron's degrading remarks regarding the AS jab cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. (France does not have a free press so they don't know that)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/07/politicians-criticised-astrazeneca-covid-jab-probably-killed/

So those comments have cost more lives than Putin actions in Ukraine I guess.

Plus of course France broke the EU arms embargo and sold military stuff to Russia after the anexation of Crimea. This has cost more lives. Mr Macron wants to be the leader of the EU but is happy to break the rules. 

Macron will get voted in again tommorow.

What a horrible world we live in. 

18 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

If this Oxford professor's comments are to be believed, Macron's degrading remarks regarding the AS jab cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. (France does not have a free press so they don't know that)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/07/politicians-criticised-astrazeneca-covid-jab-probably-killed/

So those comments have cost more lives than Putin actions in Ukraine I guess.

Plus of course France broke the EU arms embargo and sold military stuff to Russia after the anexation of Crimea. This has cost more lives. Mr Macron wants to be the leader of the EU but is happy to break the rules. 

Macron will get voted in again tommorow.

What a horrible world we live in. 

My view is that Macron's remarks did cost hundreds of thousands of lives around the world, not only lives in France. It shouldn't be forgotten either that Merkel was complicit in denigrating the vaccine.  The pair of them have simply got away with it.  That of course was more or less the E.U.s official stance too so not only those two but the whole of the E.U. bears responsibility for countless deaths. Don't whisper it too loudly though, E.U. supporters don't like it!!!!  People here don't like to hear about Brexit but it was Brexit that led to their comments and the E.U.s stance, no question of it. As for breaking the embargo on arms to Russia: Technically France and Germany didn't break any rules! They just cynically exploited the very poor rules that the E.U. made. The E.U. somewhat belatedly, and no doubt because of world criticism, have now closed those loop holes. So we are told anyway!!!

I do honestly believe that Macron 'as a person/individual' is more of a threat to France, the EU and world peace than MLP. MLP will screw up France for a bit and she and her party will be gone forever.

Macron on the other hand is just an evil twÄt......insert other word/words of your choice. He is a self centered wierdo 'WIERDO' with a hairy chest that he wants to show off to the world. Why does a man want to show off his hairy chest to attract voters ? Urrrrrrrr.....yuk. Wierdo. 

I rest my case. The bloke is odd. He is fecking odd. Scary odd....so much that you would not want to be alone with him. He would show you his hairy chest and big hands. 

I could chat alone with MLP....I may not agree with anything she says, but I would feel safe.

Macron ? Scary bloke. 

And he is thick with it. My god he is thick. 

That is what people should be voting for. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

31 minutes ago, anotherbanana said:

Should we gather from this that you dislike EM? Surely he has done nothing but good for you and your family with generous kiddy allowances, reduced or zero tax d’habitation Has he made your lives worse in any way?

Reduced or zero tax d’habitation ?

You are having a laugh ?

But back to your question...'has he made your lives worse in any way' ?

Yes, of all the years that I have lived in France (and that is now nearly a quarter of a decade) this has been the worse 5 years of my life in France. It has become awful. Life is not about being better off...having more money or whatever.....it is about feeling comfortable and happy in the country you are living in. 

France was a cool country to live in...but now !....Not and all. It is divided and people hate each other. 

Well done Macron. 

And can I just remind folks something. Darmanin once said that MLP was not tough enough on immigration !  He did say that.

OH will do her civic duty tomorrow to vote in someone she hates to the core, whilist looking at houses on right move.

You would be a fool to move to France. 

Ok, fine, but is this not just a case of you catching the family and national hysteria? Give me examples of what is upsetting you. Surely your feelings are largely the result of Covid lockdown? You will still go on holiday this summer to somewhere nice, I guess, kids are ok at school, you live rent free, no mortgage(?), you are not checking your pockets for small change at the end of the month to feed the kids? You can afford to pay your taxes.

And a new baby on the way, wow, you are rich.

I suggest not watching telly for a bit, definitely not the news and keep away from the family moaners, go walking, smell the flowers, take you wife away for a weekend sans enfants!

42 minutes ago, anotherbanana said:

Ok, fine, but is this not just a case of you catching the family and national hysteria? Give me examples of what is upsetting you. Surely your feelings are largely the result of Covid lockdown? You will still go on holiday this summer to somewhere nice, I guess, kids are ok at school, you live rent free, no mortgage(?), you are not checking your pockets for small change at the end of the month to feed the kids? You can afford to pay your taxes.

An example for you is that France is a very divided country. It is a very divided country. It is not a nice country to live in at the moment. I find it dangerous. 

It will all kick off again on Monday when he wins. I'm telling yeah. 

Another example for you is that I think Macron is a threat to peace. Both in France, the EU and elsewhere. I see him as a threat. The bloke is dangerous. He is as dangerous as Trump and Putin IMHO. 

In terms of kids, French schooling as I have said before is the biggest headache we have in France. I feel so sorry for the kids. Schoolling should be a joy. 

In terms of their future, I don't see them having any fullfilling life in France. 

Macron will steal another 5 years from their future with his nonsense. 

I could go on...

Anyone but Macron. And 75 % of France agrees with me. 

Macron and MLP should have not have participated in this election because they are hated. 

Their ego's prevented them from doing so. 

And here we are.