Addressing the Tax office Boss

e-griff

I have been writing off and on to my tax office to get receipts for the bills I paid for a hospital stay - which I can claim from the NHS (I'm not a French resident) - after about three tries over a long, long time, I've never even had a reply!

I'd like to write to the boss, and send it recorded delivery.

My main office (to which the bills were paid) is at the Tresor of Parthenay.

Anyone know what the boss's title is? (Directeur, Chef de ....) or even how to find their name ....

G

That hasn't been my experience.  I was told that the tresors are increasingly getting more active in dealing with "locals" and their queries.

Certainly, my tresor now has a "head butcher" sent from wherever to keep staff in order and settle any disputes.

They are always happy to act as a sort of intermediary between you and the impots lot.  Sometimes, they are a lot more efficient in doing this than if you approached the impots bods yourself.

Certainly, this has been my experience over 4 years in my previous department. Hopefully, the system will work better in my new department so that I do not have to keep going to the local tresor.  

I'm always amazed at the ability of the French to simply ignore letters.

The tax office at Parthenay sent me the bills, and I made payment to them. I had three bills, for 300, 50 and 8 euros. When I asked for a receipt, they sent me one for 8 euros. I then asked for the other two, twice, and received no reply at all. Although I have a record of the bills, the cashing of cheques for the exact sums, the NHS will not reimburse me without the receipts.

We have an evil cow in our local office. When my son was still at Lycée and called in there to pay a bill for us, she told him it was disgusting that his parents (us) had not bought him a car at 18years old. My son was going to report her to the Percepteur for her remarks which were uncalled for especially as at that time we could not afford a car for him BUT we were paying exhorbitant Taxe Professionnelle bills and her salary but he decided not to because she is a vindictive cow and could cause us trouble later on.