Impôts Pension

sueyh

Since this might be relevant, I also have been trying to fill the forms in. Here, we have a mixture of public (ie govt) which I know is taxed in the UK, and I am aware of where to put those, and private, which in our cases both include the OAP / state pension. But as you might know, they have yet again changed the forms!  On 2047, where we put our total pension income, you now have to say what is prive and what is public .. and I really do not know which to choose.  A good bulk of bubby's if govt, whereas my govt is not a lot. 

Any thoughts, oh knowlegeable ones?

Thanks

Sueyh, tried to edit the above, it didn't work!! 

For the OAP (I presume UK) it goes in as private income, ie it is NOT a govt pension which is for central and local govt pensions .. thus if you have any other pensions eg from personal or company pensions, they are treated as private.

If you have no govt pensions, you can breathe more easily ... it is less complicated.  But you will have to complete 2 forms, 2042 (the blue one) and 2047 (for foreign income).   All pension income apart from govt (as defined above) is regarded as private.  So in 2047 (which they have changed) but I think is section 12, it is the section I am questioning above), is where all your income wil go .. and then it will be transferred to 1AM if it is only you declaring on 2042.

I have not yet managed to find a hard copy of the 2047 so cannot give you the section etc no.

I cannot check whilst I am on here, so will get this posted and then go see.

Hi Judith,

Thank you, we both have govt pensions, police and education.  Yes I too have tried to download a hard copy but not available yet by the looks of things.

regards

sueyh

Edited by sueyh

Sueyh, thanks, brilliant.  And yes, it looks like the on screen with no numbers as before!  Typical.  So if you have the usual combination of pensions, you will already know, I presume, what to do about the govt pensions. Your OAP is treated then as a private (in Fench terms) pension, and whether or not you get it directo to your French account (sensible they get the best rate poissible) it is treated as pension income and must be taxed in France.  All prnsions recieved go in 12 on 2047 and then is transferred to 2042 .. which is where you do the split between govt and private .. hope that makes sense.

SueyH, I can't answer thaat entirely as I'm stil trying to find why I cannot find some sections (such as the ones for bank interest in 2047) as I go through the online versions.  And some sections I don't know what to fill in.  I don't have UK property so I can't answer that one either - sorry.  I was giving it a pause untilI have time to get an answer for the impots, but that won't be that soon I expect, and I am pretty busy next week. The bulk is in, what it left is for us a mere bagatelle of amounts. If I find out more, I'll re-post. 

5 minutes ago, NickP said:

A quick question about the impots forms, is there a box to declare you have an S1 from the UK?  I looked and can't see one

Also it it obligatory to offer the information and are there any benefits of doing so?

Yes, there is.. and yes, it is advantageous, stops you paying certain taxes on certain income.  On 2042, in divers, there should be a box 8SH (for first declarant) and 8SI for second.  Tick them.  I do also still put a note in the "express mention" section, but techincally it should not now be necessary.  It is pretty well hidden in fact, I missed the first year it appeared.

Obligatory, probably not, but if you don't, you'll pay more tax.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/04/2022 at 16:23, Judith said:

SueyH, I can't answer thaat entirely as I'm stil trying to find why I cannot find some sections (such as the ones for bank interest in 2047) as I go through the online versions.  And some sections I don't know what to fill in.  I don't have UK property so I can't answer that one either - sorry.  I was giving it a pause untilI have time to get an answer for the impots, but that won't be that soon I expect, and I am pretty busy next week. The bulk is in, what it left is for us a mere bagatelle of amounts. If I find out more, I'll re-post. 

Thanks Judith, Things are a bit stressful, I’ve started putting info into the forms.  Father-in-law died last week in uk, so we are back and forth, still no death certificate after a week.  Beggars belief.

Thanks Fittersmate:  late reply as trouble getting the site to load every time I tried.  On hols, so not as regular a look as usual!

I got mine in before we came away, but that form looks good to me, as far as it applies to me.

Sure it will help others though ..