Russia got Brexit done

Landes

32 minutes ago, Landes said:

“I don’t understand why Arron Banks, frankly, isn’t on the list either. Even Isabel Oakeshott now thinks that he is an ‘agent of influence for the Russian state’.

This is what Chris Bryant said today 15/3/22 in parliament 

38 minutes ago, Landes said:

Nige in very combative form on his TV show from Dudley.

Apart from addressing Guy Verhofstadt he also mentioned what Bryant said in the  HoC.

He eloquently said "Please repeat it outside as I have a writ ready and I want a new car"

An explanation for the hard of thinking:-

Any MP can say anything within the HoC and is not liable to be sued for defamation. 

It's called parliamentary privilege.

Say it outside of the HoC and a court action for defamation is on the cards as per Nigel's remarks.

A deafening silence from Chris Bryant is the result. So he has no evidence and cannot back up what he said with facts. No surprise!

13 hours ago, Harnser said:

... Say it outside of the HoC and a court action for defamation is on the cards as per Nigel's remarks.

A deafening silence from Chris Bryant is the result. So he has no evidence and cannot back up what he said with facts. No surprise!

"In order to succeed in a defamation claim in the UK, a claimant now needs to establish: (i) the “publication” of a statement, (ii) that the statement was about the claimant, (iii) that the statement was defamatory to the claimant, and (iv) that the defamatory statement met the threshold of “serious harm”, that is, that publication of the statement has caused, or is likely to cause, serious harm to the reputation of the claimant." (https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/defamation-claims-in-uk-require-proof-26759/)

In other words the burden of proof is on Farage, he has to show serious harm was done to his reputation.

I don't think Mr Bryant needs to worry, no matter where he utters

his opinion.