Russia got Brexit done

Landes

The British government and intelligence agencies failed to conduct any proper assessment of Kremlin attempts to interfere with the 2016 Brexit referendum , according to the long-delayed report

The damning conclusion is contained within the 50-page document from parliament’s intelligence and security committee, which said ministers in effect turned a blind eye to allegations of Russian disruption. (the 50 page document is available in the link above) 

It said the government “had not seen or sought evidence of successful interference in UK democratic processes” at the time, and it made clear that no serious effort was made to do so.

“The report reveals that no one in government knew if Russia interfered in or sought to influence the referendum because they did not want to know, that is they didn’t want to open the can of worms 

We all know Russia influenced the Brexit vote. ?

Not exactly Breaking News... Landes my old mate. 

Get over Brexit...it is done and dusted. 

The UK (assuming it survives WW3) will rejoin in the next 10 years or so.

A Ukrainian MP has said countries such as France and Germany have not gone far enough with sanctions against Russia.

Lesia Vasylenko told Sky News: “They are not doing nearly as much as they could be doing.

“The same goes for the purchase of Russian oil and gas - Germany made the decision yesterday to stop with the purchases of oil and coal, but gas still remains a big one.

“Every penny that goes into the Russian economy goes to finance the Russian army, which essentially is committing genocide of the Ukrainian people by massacring civilians every single day.”

The Guardian

Yes ALBF I take your point that we all suspected that Russia influenced Brexit 

Instead of “taking back control” in fact the Brexit campaign was being controlled by a counter intelligence agency which is now involved with the military invasion of Ukraine 

The leader of the Brexit campaign Dominic Cummins stated recently 

tories literally have their party FINANCED BY PUTIN'S MATES FOR DECADES, won't even stop them sending their kids to eton/harrow or using London as a 'laundry' (London's *actual Moscow nickname*), then their MPs start babbling about no fly zone

WE NEED AN URGENT INVESTIGATION OF THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY FUNDING

CAN WE TRUST THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT TO ACT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE BRITISH PEOPLE ?

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/14

Well perhaps I'm the only one who doesn't think Russia influenced Brexit, I wonder what the other 17 million think!! Cummings, the leader of Brexit! That snake in the grass couldn't lead a dog on lead!  I think you have a bad case of 'I hate the Tories because they got Brexit done'! No doubt some here will believe your rubbish. By the way Buddy Holly is still alive somewhere doing duos with Big Bopper!!!

Well Kenservative , your thoughts clearly show Darwin’s Evolution in action , your place in a normal distribution of characteristics is clearly evident (as per the other 17 million  to the left of the median line) 

Bojo stated that Buddy Holly is working in his local Specsavers and is married to a girl called Peggy Sue fact !

Bojo’s response was his reply to a question about the increased cost of living  in the U.K. 

His usual tactic is to try and change the subject and or  lie when he is questioned about wrongdoing 

i have attached a file showing all the advantages and downsides since we left the European Union , makes interesting reading 

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-davis-downside-dossier/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Landes said:

Well Kenservative , your thoughts clearly show Darwin’s Evolution in action , your place in a normal distribution of characteristics is clearly evident (as per the other 17 million  to the left of the median line) 

Bojo stated that Buddy Holly is working in his local Specsavers and is married to a girl called Peggy Sue fact !

Bojo’s response was his reply to a question about the increased cost of living  in the U.K. 

His usual tactic is to try and change the subject and or  lie when he is questioned about wrongdoing 

i have attached a file showing all the advantages and downsides since we left the European Union , makes interesting reading 

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-davis-downside-dossier/

Not another 'link' mad zealot who posts them simply to support their view! As for the rest, absolute rubbish. Just another utter remainer; you lost; go vote Liberal at the next election!!!!!

Well many thanks Nicki Pee and Horny for your warm comments 

It is always gratifying when I turn a stone over and discover two creatures hiding under it , Usually you find the creatures on top of each other for example peeler crabs , very unusual to find three clinging to each other for moral support 

I am gladdened that you have formed such a warm relationship with each other , it’s probably your shared love......of bus time tables and train spotting 

Well I am going to finish with emojis because I know you like them , it saves you trying to do joined up thinking from the joined up writing 

?????????

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Landes said:

Well many thanks Nicki Pee and Horny for your warm comments 

It is always gratifying when I turn a stone over and discover two creatures hiding under it , Usually you find the creatures on top of each other for example peeler crabs , very unusual to find three clinging to each other for moral support 

I am gladdened that you have formed such a warm relationship with each other , it’s probably your shared love......of bus time tables and train spotting 

Well I am going to finish with emojis because I know you like them , it saves you trying to do joined up thinking from the joined up writing 

?????????

If you don't mind the name is NickP. Nobody has been rude about your name so back off.

10 hours ago, Harnser said:

If it's the forum I think it is they are a pathetic bunch of small-minded bigots that mostly keep on and on about the same subjects - Boris, the Tories, Brexit etc - ad nauseam.

Confused now because this is the only forum I know that matches that description - Boris, Tories, Brexit plus a good dollop of Macron bashing (just look at the threads and the posters!).

Is there another equally delightful forum that I'm missing out on? Do enlighten me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EuroTr@sh said:

Is there another equally delightful forum that I'm missing out on? Do enlighten me!

Mine...but I have not got around to doing it yet. It is going to be called the 'French pub'. Google it in a couple of years time. 

You have the French green forum ET where they love each other. Well....not so much.

Or a campervan forum !

Are campervan forums like French forums.

My loo is bigger than your loo. 

Anyway, how are you best mate ET ?

I drove through Normandy the other day and thought of you. ?

• Like 1

I am very well, thank you for asking ALBF and I hope you are too, and the kids.

Actually some campervan forums are a bit snooty and they want to charge a subscription to let you post, but I have found a nice one that doesn't. We chat about all sorts and I like it there, it's the only forum I visit regularly now. We had a grand thread recently about what you put into your loo and how often you empty it and how much it smells, you have to be mates to discuss stuff like that. I don't go to the green forum much, there seems to have been an influx of new posters who have lived in France for months and know everything, and they don't do banter. You're not missing anything. 

I have just been catching up on this one, sad to see it is just as poisonous as last time I looked in if not worse, plus I see you are still talking on one of the threads as if you and the missus could just decide to move to the UK tomorrow. It worries me when you say stuff like that in case you still haven't taken on board that you would have to get past Priti Patel. But I think you have really and it is just part of your let's pretend game.

Keep the faith ALBF, you are basically one of the nice guys even if you try hard not to be LOL.

2 hours ago, EuroTr@sh said:

I have just been catching up on this one, sad to see it is just as poisonous as last time I looked in if not worse, plus I see you are still talking on one of the threads as if you and the missus could just decide to move to the UK tomorrow. It worries me when you say stuff like that in case you still haven't taken on board that you would have to get past Priti Patel. But I think you have really and it is just part of your let's pretend game.

Keep the faith ALBF, you are basically one of the nice guys even if you try hard not to be LOL.

Don't be silly ET...ALBF and family ain't going nowhere. We dream and mess about. But France is safe. We are happy in France.

Mind you, my daughter wants to go to a boarding school in the UK. ?

I keep telling her....no you don't. 

What is the world coming too ET ?

You get over covid and now all this war shît. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

Good grief I didn't think any sane child actually WANTED to go to boarding school. I thought it was where parents shunted their kids off to if they wanted them out of the way. Why on earth does she want to go to boarding school?

My secondary school had a day section and a boarding section. The boarders were a cliquey lot and there was usually one or more off classes being treated for anorexia, it didn't seem a healthy environment with all those hormones locked up together. Us day girls felt quite sorry for them.