Why do British peeps living in France beat the UK down ?

alittlebitfrench

I took baby ALBF and French OH to the UK for a long weekend. It was wonderful. It was wonderful. 

Forget politics, Brexit and all the rest. It is the same shÏT in France. For crying out loud. ? It is worse in France if you pay attention. Not that many do.

But you know, the UK IS is a fantastic country with fantastic people. Everyone are so polite. It was such a pleasure to be there. 

Why do peeps living in France beat the UK down ?

I don't get it. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

1 hour ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I took baby ALBF and French OH to the UK for a long weekend. It was wonderful. It was wonderful. 

Forget politics, Brexit and all the rest. It is the same shÏT in France. For crying out loud. ? It is worse in France if you pay attention. Not that many do.

But you know, the UK IS is a fantastic country with fantastic people. Everyone are so polite. It was such a pleasure to be there. 

I don't get it. 

A lot of them do it to try to prove that they are more French than other immigrants. Some do it to convince themselves that they have made the right choice in emigrating to France, because they now couldn't afford to go back to the UK, so they are stuck. Some do it just because they miserable old gits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickP said:

A lot of them do it to try to prove that they are more French than other immigrants. Some do it to convince themselves that they have made the right choice in emigrating to France, because they now couldn't afford to go back to the UK, so they are stuck. Some do it just because they miserable old gits.

You know my life story.

I think UK is fecking great. I really do.

It is such a pleasure to go there. 

33 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

You know my life story.

I think UK is fecking great. I really do.

It is such a pleasure to go there. 

I don't believe any of the make-believe rollocks that you post either under this name or any of the other fake ones you use

31 minutes ago, NormanH said:

A more interesting question would be 'why do so many British  posters on an Francophile Forum find it necessary to run  down the country to which they have chosen, uninvited, to emigrate? "

An even more interesting question is 'why do the French' run their country down everyday in 'real life' ?

Or.....why are nutters like Zemmour or MLP the only opponents to a nutter like Macron in the presidential race ?

Or...why did I see/hear a plethora of French people living in the UK on a 3 day trip ?

Norman...get out more. There is a real world out there. 

My ‘three-pennyworth’.

Born & bred in the UK, where Mrs G and I spent all of our working lives.  Been here in France for 17 years.

Love both countries & both have their great positives and (a few!) negatives.  Looking forward to visiting family & friends in the UK next month, but will be equally happy to get back here after a few weeks to ........... home.

I’m probably wrong, but I don’t detect much (if any) moaning about the UK on here.  Political direction & effectiveness maybe, but that’s a different matter.

As we all probably know, there are a couple or so of Brit expat forums that are forever fixated on the minutiae of Brexit, Boris and the (alleged) corruption of Boris and the Tory party who MUST be supported by Russian funds because they are Tories, of course ignoring another political party whose MP's and party organisation garner millions from communist run trade union donations.

It doesn't matter whether other countries stand or fall - they'll still be whinging about Boris, Brexit and the Tory party to the exclusion of all else- except knitting, gardening and the exorbitant cost of importing custard powder, bisto, marmite and secondhand UK cars since Brexit. When someone outside their little bigoted circle dares to point out that the aforementioned groceries and more are actually available in French supermarkets,  they are criticised and in some cases roundly abused for daring to intervene.

Why? My opinion is that most of them do not bother to find out what is going on the rest of the world, France, or their own commune, so all they are capable of gossiping about is the UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rock said:

and ... Living in Petersfield. No thanks.

Of all the places I have lived in France, those stats look great.

In terms of violent crime, there is more crime in one day in the area of Tours than in the area Petersfield in one year. FFS. 

People get knifed murdered everyday. And Tours is one of the best places to live in France. 

Lets be clear, the Dordogne is worse. I bet you a million pounds Petersfield beats the Dordogne in terms of quality of living. 

30 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Of all the places I have lived in France, those stats look great.

In terms of violent crime, there is more crime in one day in the area of Tours than in the area Petersfield in one year. FFS. 

People get knifed murdered everyday. And Tours is one of the best places to live in France. 

Lets be clear, the Dordogne is worse. I bet you a million pounds Petersfield beats the Dordogne in terms of quality of living. 

Figures from Tours would appear to disagree with you. annuaire marie Tours

I'll take the million pounds in euro thanks.

1 hour ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Well take a look at the front page of the Nouvelle Republique...

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/tours

That is just today.

Tours is 10 times the size yet the courts are busy with the wonderful friendly folk of Petersfield, bearing in mind that the justice system has collapsed in England. 

https://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/courts

I have changed my mind, send the million pounds to Ukraine.

3 hours ago, rock said:

Tours is 10 times the size yet the courts are busy with the wonderful friendly folk of Petersfield, bearing in mind that the justice system has collapsed in England. 

https://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/courts

I have changed my mind, send the million pounds to Ukraine.

I am guessing that the same crime took place in France yesterday or today in many similar French towns.

Petersfield is safe. 

I have no idea why you have got it in for Petersfield. It is loverly. 

But you are right, we should be concentrating our speak on Ukraine. 

On 09/03/2022 at 14:57, alittlebitfrench said:

I don't get it. 

Your IP address has not changed in the last six weeks were you in the UK for one day.