Fuel prices

NickP

We filled our car up today with diesel  at a local supermarket. 1.88 a litre. We then drove to Le Mans and noticed that there; Diesel was 1.99.9 a litre at a couple of garages. I would imagine the Gendarmes will be out in force next week, looking for "Red" diesel in peoples vehicle tanks.  ?

Yep, went to Carrefour for gas yesterday evening.  No Sans Plomb to be had; tanks empty.  Had to move on to another station.  Paid 1.925 per litre for SP95.  Some stations round here have it at 2.10.  That was yesterday, so likely more today...

We were discussing this yesterday at length.  I suspect it is going to get a LOT worse.  Also expect stocks to continue to run low or run out.

Gone are the days of heading out on the road for any little ole thing.  At least for us anyway.

On 06/03/2022 at 17:54, NickP said:

We filled our car up today with diesel  at a local supermarket. 1.88 a litre. We then drove to Le Mans and noticed that there; Diesel was 1.99.9 a litre at a couple of garages. I would imagine the Gendarmes will be out in force next week, looking for "Red" diesel in peoples vehicle tanks.  ?

Considering that at least 50% of vehicles on the road in France are diesel powered, they are going to be really busy!

Yes, I used that link, went to the cheapest (and largest in the region) gas station.  They were out of gas (sans plomb).  They still had gazole, but no SP.   They were also 10 cents MORE per litre than the price noted on that website.

The french government website on fuel prices indicates the date their quote price is taken. Foe instance my local station's price was quoted two days ago but today the actual price is already 0,20€ higher. My medium sized car now costs over 120€ for a full tank. I'm putting a brick under the accelerator pedal!

8 hours ago, Kong said:

The french government website on fuel prices indicates the date their quote price is taken. Foe instance my local station's price was quoted two days ago but today the actual price is already 0,20€ higher. My medium sized car now costs over 120€ for a full tank. I'm putting a brick under the accelerator pedal!

Look at it positively, with fuel prices going up daily the fuel in your tank that you bought last week is now worth more , so if you don't do many miles that increase in value pays for this week's trip to the shops.?

And yet people still drive like maniacs.  Accelerating towards red lights and traffic jams, then slamming on the brakes, 130kph on 110 roads etc.  The news yesterday came up with the idea for people to car share as if it was the newest thing.  My wife was met with incredulity when she suggested this a few years ago for the Choral and Gym groups to people going from the same village.

3 hours ago, Lehaut said:

And yet people still drive like maniacs.  Accelerating towards red lights and traffic jams, then slamming on the brakes, 130kph on 110 roads etc.  

Yes... I agree on those points. Just wasting petrol for no reason. 

But what I have noticed is that on autoroutes, people have slowed down to conserve fuel. Also in the UK. That is one thing I noticed on our little holiday.

• 10 months later...
5 hours ago, Hectorsdad said:

Is this a permanent move or just for a holiday?

Don't be suckered by the query.

Right-click left-hand drive car. From the drop-down menu that appears, select Inspect Accessibility Properties.  In the small window on the right of your screen, scroll down to 'properties' and you will find that the text is a cover for their full site address, which is sell lefthand drive dot com.  If you do wish to visit that site, I suggest you copy and paste or type the address into a new browser window.

Seems to be a good few plonkers putting posts up with spurious links. If you click on the three small dots at top right of their post there is the option to report the listing and management take their posts down pretty quickly - thanks. That way the forum can be clear for the rest of us to enjoy.

The more of us that do this may discourage these people as they will not receive any hits to their websites. Time will tell I guess..............

• Like 2