Macron and Putin

Ken

8 hours ago, Ken said:

Not knocking it as a country! What sort of statement is that? What are you 'knocking'  then, a branch of ASDA or a fish and chip shop? Johnson is doing a very good job leading in the fight against Russia. When you' knock the British government you are 'knocking' Britain.  There are enough here that do that, jealous remainers in the main who would see their country harmed rather than admit the E.U. is a failure. You sound the same.

1) There is a distinction between the Government of a country and the country itself. It is perfectly possible to like one and criticise the other, as you seem to with regard to France where you have chosen to live uninvited, while making constant negative comments about its Government and administration. Please have the courtesy  to allow others to do the same with regard to a country they have chosen not to live in.

2))" My country ", the one I have chosen to live in and the country of which I have taken Nationality is France, but no-one here has even hinted at a wish to see Britain 'harmed', although the present Government has made a good job of harming the country's reputation.

3)You are the only person in this Forum who continually brings up the issue of Brexit which is irrelevant to the issue of Ukraine

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NormanH said:

1) There is a distinction between the Government of a country and the country itself. It is perfectly possible to like one and criticise the other, as you seem to with regard to France where you have chosen to live uninvited, while making constant negative comments about its Government and administration. Please have the courtesy  to allow others to do the same with regard to a country they have chosen not to live in.

2))" My country ", the one I have chosen to live in and the country of which I have taken Nationality is France, but no-one here has even hinted at a wish to see Britain 'harmed', although the present Government has made a good job of harming the country's reputation.

3)You are the only person in this Forum who continually brings up the issue of Brexit which is irrelevant to the issue of Ukraine

Of course it is possible to like a country and yet criticise its government. Many here do it.  As for being here uninvited ; well if the French want to exclude me that is their prerogative. As for seeing Britain harmed, the comments made, by a few, do just that. You do it although in a snide way. 'Harming a countries reputation' is what you said.  Then again you are not British. I  think Britain has shown the way. Britain is at the forefront of resisting the invasion of the Ukraine. Instead oaf knocking it you should be supporting it, but of course you are not British. As for being the only person bringing up Brexit you either can't read or are rather dim!  People like you refer to it all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken said:

Then again you are not British. I  think Britain has shown the way. Britain is at the forefront of resisting the invasion of the Ukraine. Instead oaf knocking it you should be supporting it, but of course you are not British.

Ken, unless he has renounced his British nationality then he most certainly is.  Dual nationality, ever heard of it? 

I do applaud your tenacity, but if you are going to continue this thread much longer, you should perhaps refer to Ukraine by its preferred moniker, and drop the article that predates its independence from the Soviet Union.

According to Tom Postmes, a professor of social and organisational psychology at the universities of Exeter, England, and Groningen, The Netherlands, and the author of Individuality and the Group, who has studied online behavior for 20 years, "Trolls aspire to violence, to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure." Someone who brings something off topic into the conversation in order to make that person mad is trolling

Glad you like my moniker Betise. Had to think of something  when I couldn't log in to the new software. Seriously I do despair with the constant brexiteer/remainer name calling. It's so boring. Hence my hope that it will eventually become as much a sign of losing an argument as declaring your opponent is a N*A*Z*I*

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, betise said:

Ken, unless he has renounced his British nationality then he most certainly is.  Dual nationality, ever heard of it? 

I do applaud your tenacity, but if you are going to continue this thread much longer, you should perhaps refer to Ukraine by its preferred moniker, and drop the article that predates its independence from the Soviet Union.

Yes I have heard of it. I think it is reserved for the sort of people that whilst claiming they are naturalised haven't the nerve to go the whole way and see their British passport as a convenience and safeguard. Just in case!! Thank you for your applause, always appreciate it. As for the Ukraine, unless it's called something else by others; for me it is the Ukraine!

3 hours ago, Ken said:

Yes I have heard of it. I think it is reserved for the sort of people that whilst claiming they are naturalised haven't the nerve to go the whole way and see their British passport as a convenience and safeguard. Just in case!! Thank you for your applause, always appreciate it. As for the Ukraine, unless it's called something else by others; for me it is the Ukraine!

Apart from the fallacy of generalisation  and your ignorance of each of our personal circumstances, could you explain  whet you mean by "go the whole way''  with a detailed description of the process, backed up with  a suitable link to an official source?

Or are you simply bringing  "something off topic into the conversation in order to make that person mad" as in the definition of  "trolling" above?

1 minute ago, betise said:

Well that's an unusual view on naturalisation Ken. 

Nowadays Ukraine is Ukraine, "the Ukraine" is not much liked by Ukrainians (google it).

DaveLister, who did you used to be here?

An unusual view, Obviously you think so. Just why do you think people would want to keep dual nationality , or several come to that! It's not like collecting stamps is it. The only conclusion is that these people see some advantage to having it. Personally,  as in some cases, I find it contemptible that someone would have dual nationality and use it when it suits them but at the same time criticise their original country.

As for The Ukraine and Ukrainians. I feel sure they would forgive me. After all my country is helping them fight the Russians!!

5 minutes ago, NormanH said:

Apart from the fallacy of generalisation  and your ignorance of each of our personal circumstances, could you explain  whet you mean by "go the whole way''  with a detailed description of the process, backed up with  a suitable link to an official source?

Or are you simply bringing  "something off topic into the conversation in order to make that person mad" as in the definition of  "trolling" above?

I seem to have touched a nerve!  I know it's a little difficult for you but "go the whole way" means once naturalised , give up the original Passport. Cutting links, in the official sense with the original country. There, that wasn't too hard to understand was it?

As for 'links' you appear to be obsessed by them. Do you not have any thoughts of your own, other than insults of course!

Ken, your comments are both patronising and insulting. Before judging others, take a look at yourself. 

I am French, yet I can criticize France if I wish, I am British, yet can also criticize the UK, I am not blind to the faults of either country.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, betise said:

I am French, yet I can criticize France if I wish, I am British, yet can also criticize the UK,

I would like to interject here for a minute...if I may.

Betise, are you half French and and half English ?

Just asking. ?

PS...I have no idea what this thread is about BTW. Goes way way above my little bit head. LOL. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

An unusual view, Obviously you think so. Just why do you think people would want to keep dual nationality , or several come to that! It's not like collecting stamps is it. The only conclusion is that these people see some advantage to having it. Personally,  as in some cases, I find it contemptible that someone would have dual nationality and use it when it suits them but at the same time criticise their original country.

As for The Ukraine and Ukrainians. I feel sure they would forgive me. After all my country is helping them fight the Russians!!

All our children either have dual nationality or have applied for it for the simple reason that it makes working here easier and gives them 'freedom of movement' which they lost after Brexit, there are 0000's of Brits here that have done the same thing for the same reasons, what is the problem with that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

All our children either have dual nationality or have applied for it for the simple reason that it makes working here easier and gives them 'freedom of movement' which they lost after Brexit, there are 0000's of Brits here that have done the same thing for the same reasons, what is the problem with that?

Your children have dual nationality or have applied for it ?

Do they need duel nationality to work in France or elsewhere ? 

1 hour ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Your children have dual nationality or have applied for it ?

Do they need duel nationality to work in France or elsewhere ? 

One got their's last year and the other three have applied and are in different stages of the application process.

Youngest son wants to be a full time pompier and French nationality is required for that, as Brits with CdS's they can work in France but not anywhere else in the EU. 

16 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

One got their's last year and the other three have applied and are in different stages of the application process.

Youngest son wants to be a full time pompier and French nationality is required for that, as Brits with CdS's they can work in France but not anywhere else in the EU. 

I am guessing your son speaks perfect French. So why would France prevent your son from being a Pompier ?

Is this a Brexit problem of a French problem ?

In terms of your last point, millions of people from outside of the EU work in France and elsewhere in the EU. 

5 hours ago, Ken said:

I seem to have touched a nerve!  I know it's a little difficult for you but "go the whole way" means once naturalised , give up the original Passport. Cutting links, in the official sense with the original country. There, that wasn't too hard to understand was it?

As for 'links' you appear to be obsessed by them. Do you not have any thoughts of your own, other than insults of course!

"I seem to have touched a nerve! "  You haven't but you want to since   the main reason for many of your "contemptible" posts (to use your own word) , is to irritate other posters, rather  than  serving a  useful purpose such as  providing   useful or helpful information. They  are simple assertions based on your ignorance, which is why you are so against "links".

Take an example from your post "go the whole way" means once naturalised , give up the original Passport"

1) You give no guidance on what   you mean by "give up the original Passport.' Do you mean not renew it,  or is there  some other mechanism for giving up Nationality to which you are privy but  which you  are too lazy to reveal.

2) How do you know I haven't ? You don't so by definition you are ignorant.

40 minutes ago, NormanH said:

is to irritate other posters, rather  than  serving a  useful purpose 

Ummm...Norman ?

Now now. 

Forgive me, that is what you do with your 'I am so French posts'. 

Point of fact Norman, you are not French. You can pretend. But you are not. 

Sorry mate.