That is it...we have Covid.

Yep Covid is in the ALBF household and everyone has it....well apart from me for the moment.

Top ALBF tip.....DO NOT go anywhere near children. They are spreading it.

When schools started back my daughters class had 30 kids. By the end of the first week it was 15.

It is ripping through schools. 

I am guessing most schools around here will be closed by Monday. 

But they never should have opened so soon in the first place. You think the UK goverenment is bad. They are not a patch on Macron's government. Which is why teachers are striking ? Any striking teachers in the UK ? Ummm....no.

Our 3 year old is suffering the worse. He is quite ill. Obviously the only one that has not been vacinated. 

So get vaccinated if you are not already.

BTW.......if IBIS is reading, Smegie (the good guy) 'asked through forum support' to leave the Expat forum. I just had enough of arguing the toss. 

It just showed up banned on my forum name because that is the defult setting I guess.

Just for the record. ?

I see forums are still being forums. There is so much to discuss in France but they still prefer to discuss themselves. ?

• Like 1

Poor 3 year old, nothing to protect them, hope they get over it quickly, the rest of you should be fine, apart from OH and me most of my family and friends have caught omicron although being pretty careful. Two who live on the side of a hill in Spain 1.2km from nearest neighbours. Kept away from everyone only shopping once a fourtnight both caught it as they both suffer with bad asthma they were very worried aboit contracting it. Took them about 4 days to get over it and symptoms were a very bad cold and some fever for a day, now both are fine. Thankfully nothing like the delta variant.  Good news is youll have great immune response afterwards so hopefully safer against other variants.

2 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Yep Covid is in the ALBF household and everyone has it....well apart from me for the moment.

Top ALBF tip.....DO NOT go anywhere near children. They are spreading it.

When schools started back my daughters class had 30 kids. By the end of the first week it was 15.

It is ripping through schools. 

I am guessing most schools around here will be closed by Monday. 

But they never should have opened so soon in the first place. You think the UK goverenment is bad. They are not a patch on Macron's government. Which is why teachers are striking ? Any striking teachers in the UK ? Ummm....no.

Our 3 year old is suffering the worse. He is quite ill. Obviously the only one that has not been vacinated. 

So get vaccinated if you are not already.

BTW.......if IBIS is reading, Smegie (the good guy) 'asked through forum support' to leave the Expat forum. I just had enough of arguing the toss. 

It just showed up banned on my forum name because that is the defult setting I guess.

Just for the record. ?

I see forums are still being forums. There is so much to discuss in France but they still prefer to discuss themselves. ?

Take care of that baby and all of the family ALBF. Stay safe my friend.

Covid is ripping through Belgian schools as well, with more and more classes being closed down; both my daughter and grandson and his father caught it from the boy. He is back to school tomorrow if there are classes but his mother is not too well. At least the teachers are sending worksheets to the kids so they can do something useful.

Thanks everyone for their support. That was very kind. 

Breaking Covid news live from France...

So it is official.....4 out of 5 of us have covid (tested at a pharmacy) in our house. I personally have no symptoms . Not tested. 

IMPORTANT ! You have to do an official Antigen test at a Pharmacy/hospital to get the positive result registered on your Covid passport. 

In terms of those have caught it in our house.....it seems to me a 48hr/72hr thing. Kids are slowly coming back to life. 

Omicron seems to be less severe than a cold if you are jabbed IMHO. 

So sorry to hear this, ALBF: I do hope the little lad is soon recovered.

Strange: I have been suffering certain possible symptoms of Omicron and have just carried out this PM an Antigen LFT: clear thus far thank goodness, as I am due to have the full works on Tuesday, Feb 1st, prior to a long awaited hospital procedure (Day Stay)on Feb 4th and the last thing I need are any further delays!

All a bit of a nightmare, lately: Mrs Gluey and I spent Christmas day with our son and his partner, who both then came down with Omicron. And next, my brother in law and his wife who adopted their grand daughter as Wards and are her parents now, then told us the little lass 9 coming up to ten, has now gone down with Covid. I popped in to see them last Sunday as I was nearby and as soon as they opened the door and informed me I was back pedalling along their path at a rate of knots. The lass clearly infected at school as again it is spreading among the young.

Hope all better soon, ALBF.

!

I am touched...thanks everyone.

So yeah, I have it now. It spreads very quickly once it is in your house. 

To be honest (touch wood) if you have been jabbed 3 times.....it is like having a cold. In fact colds are much worse to be fair.

So it is mostly body aches, sore joints, mild sore throat, no taste, and a headache...or to be more precise it feels like your head is in a vice.

Bit of a runny nose.

I would not want this without any vaccination mind you. You will feel very ill. These non vax types will be in for a shock if they get it. 

French Sister in law caught it over Xmas after only having two jabs and she was very unwell for a while.

So you really do NEED that third jab. 

So go get it if you have not done so already.

Anyway, if I don't post again I will meet you in the afterlife. 

Do they have French forums in heaven ? ?

1 hour ago, NormanH said:

Here is a film for you to watch while you recover and dream of living in England.  (those not living in France may  need to use a VPN to access FranceTV) https://www.france.tv/films/3015011-this-is-england.html

I have never heard of that film. And I am a film buff.

I will have a look.

The thing about dreaming of living in England is that I have never really had the chance. If you know what I mean. I left UK at the age of 25 ish. I am now 49.

Anyway,...

In terms of films, this is my England. With one of my fav actors Ralph Finnes.

Or Inspector Morse....