France to UK after 11th February

Hectorsdad

This evening there have been announcements that the testing requirements will be reduced from 11 February. I have not read the details but for us (fully vaccinated) we will not need to book and take a C19 day2 test when we return later in the month. Very relieved! 
  There are changes for unvaccinated people who will lose the day 8 test if I heard correctly. I guess the full details will be in print very soon.

4 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

It only really works if France does the same otherwise you still have to buy and book rip-off tests in the UK to return.

It really is quite stupid. 

Not true, we paid nothing to get our 24 hr tests in the UK in Lloyds pharmacy for our return to France. We also got free test kits in the UK.

6 hours ago, NickP said:

Not true, we paid nothing to get our 24 hr tests in the UK in Lloyds pharmacy for our return to France. We also got free test kits in the UK.

What....tell me more.?

So I can nip down to Lloyds, Superdrug, Boots or HMV the day before leaving and ask for a antigien test (1 adult and 2 kids) FOC.

Cool.

Naaa...you are mixing up my fella. 

How do I do this ?

BTW...is Cantebury a good place to visit for 48 hours ?

Got my heart set on a quick trip to Canterbury.

Never been. But google says it has a Primark. So that works ?

• Haha 1

Hello ALBF me old fruitcake, how you doin'? Is the little man a happy chappy again?

"So I can nip down to Lloyds, Superdrug, Boots or HMV the day before leaving and ask for a antigien test (1 adult and 2 kids) FOC."

You can book tests with Lloyds pharmacy online. It's not free, it's £23 per test or summat like that, results within 15mins or so it says on the website. Not all branches do them but quite a lot seem to.

I know this because I have one booked for tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that it works and by this time tomorrow I will know.

Don't even try Boots, their website did my head in last year - it made you pay for the test first before you could book an appointment, so I paid and then couldn't find a Boots within 100 miles of me where I could get a sodding test. Then it logged me out and it took me ages to log back on to get my money back. Lloyds is easy peasy to book and you pay the shop when you turn up.

20 minutes ago, EuroTr@sh said:

Hello ALBF me old fruitcake, how you doin'? Is the little man a happy chappy again?

"So I can nip down to Lloyds, Superdrug, Boots or HMV the day before leaving and ask for a antigien test (1 adult and 2 kids) FOC."

You can book tests with Lloyds pharmacy online. It's not free, it's £23 per test or summat like that, results within 15mins or so it says on the website. Not all branches do them but quite a lot seem to.

I know this because I have one booked for tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that it works and by this time tomorrow I will know.

Don't even try Boots, their website did my head in last year - it made you pay for the test first before you could book an appointment, so I paid and then couldn't find a Boots within 100 miles of me where I could get a sodding test. Then it logged me out and it took me ages to log back on to get my money back. Lloyds is easy peasy to book and you pay the shop when you turn up.

Hello best mate ?

Yeah...we are fine. You ?

The kids want to go to the UK for a couple of days in their Feb holidays. Just trying to work out how it all works. 

They could go skiing if they want (we have a fecking ski flat ?).....nope....they want to go to the UK.

Good luck with your test...

....let us know how it goes.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

On 25/01/2022 at 09:48, NickP said:

NickP, I did not know before reading this thread that Lloyds offered COVID testing for travel. Looking on their website I have found test in store LFD tests for £29.99 and test at home for £20 - £25. Please tell me how to get it for free. Maybe it has changed since your good fortune. 
  Lloyds seem to offer tests in all my local pharmacies but Boots are expecting me to complete a 70 mile round trip to Portsmouth to receive their in store test costing £19.99.

For our return to France 24 hr tests we used Coronafocus which someone on another site recommended. The tests cost £18.50 each, you have them sent to your home in advance, do the tests yourself , upload a photo and they send you a certificate within two hours. It was easy to do and the certificate  came through in about half an hour. We would use them again but hopefully we won’t have to.

9 hours ago, Hectorsdad said:

NickP, I did not know before reading this thread that Lloyds offered COVID testing for travel. Looking on their website I have found test in store LFD tests for £29.99 and test at home for £20 - £25. Please tell me how to get it for free. Maybe it has changed since your good fortune. 
  Lloyds seem to offer tests in all my local pharmacies but Boots are expecting me to complete a 70 mile round trip to Portsmouth to receive their in store test costing £19.99.

I was winding up ALBF. Don't get excited as you won't need it soon anyway. ? ? Be aware though that although Lloyds website offers tests, when I went into my local one who the web site says did them, they said no we don't, so I had to go further afield

Thanks NickP for the update. I looked carefully at the Lloyds website and their covid testing. At first sight it was wonderful showing all their branches offering appointments throughout their opening times. I visited our local one, half a mile away, and spoke to the staff. They checked that they actually had the correct tests but added that due to a shortage of pharmacists it was very likely that this store would be closed at the time I wanted. I then went to two other stores and found they were fairly clueless about how it all worked and they could not offer any help.
  Finally my wife got involved and phoned another store quite close to us and was greeted by a very keen pharmacist who agreed an appointment time that was mutually agreeable and told us not to bother with the online booking system because she would do it all herself. We went today and she tested both of us, put our data in her computer and generated the certificates. This was ten minutes away and took twenty minutes in the pharmacy. With the certificates in our hands I then cancelled the bookings at Boots in Portsmouth, 35 miles away. All seems well for the ferry in the morning. 
 I don’t even feel bad about the reported imminent relaxation in the rules. We will benefit from no tests for our next trip in March.

• 7 months later...

In reality, there is currently no requirement to produce proof of vaccination nor a recent test.

However ............ you say that on a previous occasion, you’ve been refused boarding through (presumably) no vaccination.

Then you’re asking on here whether .............. !!!

However, why on earth don’t you just get yourselves vaccinated?  It’s somewhat doubtful that you’ll die or that something will ‘drop off’ as a result.  It works, you know.

Give me strength.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would hate to be in a situation where I am not allowed on board the plane because I do not have a vaccination or a test. It has already happened to me once, and I know how terrible and unpleasant it is, especially when you don't get the money back that you lose because of this situation. My wife is already very much in the mood for this trip and is constantly looking for a different entertainment, such as a free walking tour Paris for us. I hope our vacation will go well and without incident since we haven't flown anywhere or rested for about two years. So I will be glad of any information on this matter, I hope that someone will answer me.