Visiting family in the UK

sueyh

Without being shot down in flames ? What is the current situation with regard to visiting the uk to see our family?  We are fully boosted, WARP carte carriers.  We cancelled our planned Christmas visit but wondered if anything has changed.

TIA

Suey

37 minutes ago, sueyh said:

Without being shot down in flames ? What is the current situation with regard to visiting the uk to see our family?  We are fully boosted, WARP carte carriers.  We cancelled our planned Christmas visit but wondered if anything has changed.

TIA

Suey

This should be a useful portal for up to date info, sueyh.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/FAQ-Travel-between-France-and-the-UK

If you have UK passports you can travel to the UK, if you also have a CdS you can travel back to France, subject of course to you filling out the correct forms. We travelled to the UK in December and back to France last week, no problems at all apart from fulfilling the co-vid test requirements wrist ache from filling out the forms, 

So is there more flexibility on the interpretation of "compelling reasons" than appears at first sight to be the case? Might there be, for example, a French equivalent of the Stanley Johnson "law" for Brit second home owners wishing to get the French house ready for sale?

Or am I just confusing things, as often happens?

Or maybe it's just pot luck?

17 hours ago, Gardian said:

Well, I have to say that I thought that what you’ve described was ‘banned’.

Tell me that I’m wrong somebody.

We cancelled our Christmas in the UK with family & friends and Nick is saying that actually it was all OK !

Absolutely Gardian as I reported, just a word of warning though do not seek info from "Doris" on fakebook, although I'm sure you don't. There is an awful lot of misinformation on social media, mainly from people who have holiday homes in the UK who only research their own situations and think it applies to everybody including French residents. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the essential reasons was always ´ a foreign National returning to their own country ´ which gave British nationals the right to visit the UK and you had the right to return as a French resident. We travelled on this basis.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...