Celibate man castigates childless couples.

cajal

The old chestnut 'you couldn't make this up' would appear to cover this one.  Imbecile needs to be silenced, and yet he apparently has amassed (pun intended) 1.3 billion followers. Maybe the coffers have been haemorrhaging funds and require topping up?

Edited by cajal
Wrong link

With the singular exception of Hungary, which has created very generous tax breaks for women who give birth to and raise children, most couples in Europe both have to work to pay excessive taxes and living costs and simply cannot afford the woman dumping her career to have children.

The old fool in the Vatican, has lost the plot and seems to believe he is a politician rather than the prelate of the Holy See.

Justin Whelk (as I call him) the Archbishop of Canterbury, is the same.

Ah but it's not just the religious leaders is it?  Governments do their fair share of social engineering, according to the rise or fall of the national birth-rate. IIRC, women in France that produce 4 or more offspring are given a medal (as well as not needing to work thanks to the generous CAF). 

12 hours ago, Noisette said:

Ah but it's not just the religious leaders is it?  Governments do their fair share of social engineering, according to the rise or fall of the national birth-rate

The subtle difference between the two is one is promoted by a country's government for pure economic purposes and the other is pressurised on people's emotions by a suspect rogue organisation led by a celibate man for irresponsible reasons. (Yeah, yeah I know. That could be used to describe several countries governments around the world)

1 hour ago, Lehaut said:

In many "rich" countries it is now a choice between owning a house or having children.

I thought it was still possible to rent a property? Because we are where we are in history people need to cut their cloth accordingly.

It's precisely because we are where we are that couples can choose to own a house instead of reproducing.  Contraception and abortion have ensured that.   Equally, when I left UK, it was a 'career choice' on the part of thousands of young, single girls to  reproduce as a means to getting housed and fed at the expense of the State.  It would be interesting to see what would happen to birth rates in both UK and France if child benefits were reduced or withdrawn altogether.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cajal said:

I thought it was still possible to rent a property? Because we are where we are in history people need to cut their cloth accordingly.

According to the Office for National Statistics, in early 2021, the average rent in the UK was £730 a month.

Its figures show that the average house price in September 2021 was £270,000, with the average monthly mortgage payment being around £750.

On 06/01/2022 at 10:46, Noisette said:

Equally, when I left UK, it was a 'career choice' on the part of thousands of young, single girls to  reproduce as a means to getting housed and fed at the expense of the State. 

Ummm....hello. Wakey wakey.

Samething in France. 

Some folks in France have 4/5/6/7/8 number of kids. 

They don't have to work again. 

5 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Ummm....hello. Wakey wakey.

Samething in France. 

Some folks in France have 4/5/6/7/8 number of kids. 

They don't have to work again. 

Ummm bonjour ?   Coo the mornings aren't getting any lighter are they?

Not quite the same thing here.  The area I lived in in UK wasn't particularly insalubrious but at the start of the century, one third of all births recorded were to single 'mothers' under the age of 16.  And they didn't stop at one offspring, or one father either, come to that.

I am aware that breeding in France is profitable. I know a couple of medal-winners ?