Spam

anotherbanana

We seem to be getting a constant stream of spam at the moment. Whilst we mods manage to get rid of most of it, some does get through. Thank you to members for reporting it. It is always dealt with. either by Hoddy, LF or me. 

Just a reminder that we are owned by LF so have to be a bit more careful in what we post, unlike some other forums. 

Which reminds me, please dont talk about other forums on here, something we dont do and the posts just have to be removed, even if they are only meant as a joke.

38 minutes ago, anotherbanana said:

We seem to be getting a constant stream of spam at the moment. Whilst we mods manage to get rid of most of it, some does get through. Thank you to members for reporting it. It is always dealt with. either by Hoddy, LF or me. 

Just a reminder that we are owned by LF so have to be a bit more careful in what we post, unlike some other forums. 

Which reminds me, please dont talk about other forums on here, something we dont do and the posts just have to be removed, even if they are only meant as a joke.

Presumably the spammers have to have registered as a member to be able to spam?

Just suspend registering new membership for a month - they'll go somewhere else.

Or require a minimum of three or maybe five sensible posts before they are confirmed as members - other forums do this, and don't have huge problems with spam. I'm not talking about french forums here, all sorts of car, engineering and motorcycle forums in the USA do this..  

• Like 1