Catholics 1 Satan 0

Lehaut

The good folks here in Nantes (well Catholics anyway) took a firm stance against a renown musician playing her "sataniste" music in her usual venue - a church.  Anna von Hausswolff was due to play here but such was the pressure from  60 staunch traditional Catholics that the 370 people who had bought tickets to hear her play the organ in N D de Bon Port could not get in.  She has played all over Europe with few problems.  

To some, the Covid, poltics, the economy and even Miss France take second place to such perceived sacrilege.

A new problem for the State however, as stifling artistic expression is frowned upon.

6 minutes ago, Lehaut said:

in her usual venue - a church.  

I am making the assumption here that the church was of catholic denomination?  If correct, I understand that catholics have a right to determine what events will be performed in one of their own establishments.

However, catholics dictating what standards and beliefs are acceptable, in a free society, where history shows that their shenanigans frequently have fallen short of their very own preachings and moral standards, seems rather questionable.

2 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

Was the concert a provocation in some way?

Well, having looked up this musician, I would suggest she is a bit of a nut: however, since she is Swedish, these days, that goes without saying!

For me it all depends upon how one defines "Culture".

No doubt many of the uber-Woke brigade would suggest The Who performing in, say, St. Pauls Cathedral and finishing the gig by smashing up the organ would be a cultural event.

Quote: "However, catholics dictating what standards and beliefs are acceptable, in a free society, where history shows that their shenanigans frequently have fallen short of their very own preachings and moral standards, seems rather questionable."

Does this apply to most of the few remaining devout worshipers as well as the shall we say management honchos in the Vatican?

I would think not. Those who support a church community, attend regularly and respect their Pere, are surely entitled to reject use of their sanctified building for any event to which they have justified misgivings about, are they not?

1 hour ago, Gluestick said:

Does this apply to most of the few remaining devout worshipers as well as the shall we say management honchos in the Vatican?

Unfortunately, it is the remaining few who cling on to the brainwashing myths passed down by the 'management honchos' in the Vatican. It is their choice and I accept that.

When my candle is finally snuffed out, and I depart this life, here's hoping my departure transit terminus is chez hades as I doubt I will know anyone at the alternative destination. ☺️

Well cajal Hades, being a supposed Greek God rather than a place,

Which is why I decided to use the expression I did.  See above or below.

7 hours ago, cajal said:

here's hoping my departure transit terminus is chez hades

Additionally, you clearly believe in having a soul and some form of life after death?

Beats me...

Which is why I decided to finish the paragraph as I did. See above or below.

7 hours ago, cajal said:

☺️