What exactly is the point of 'Miss France' ?

It is on TV tonight BTW. 

My daughter is short and podgy. But she is fecking intelligent. Every Lycee where we live wants her in it. She is spoilt for choice where to study. 

A relative of ours (French) lost her liver through anorexia. She had a liver transplant and now has to live the rest of her life on drugs to support it.

SO 'WHAT IS THE POINT OF MISS FRANCE' ?

Living in France today is like living in the UK in the 70's/80's.

France is a fecking wierd country. 

That is my little rant over for the day. ?

Edited by alittlebitfrench

It is a display of the best of French women, figure, intelligence, face and  designed to let men dream and women grind their teeth. Most will go on to make good careers, even be happy housewives. What is wrong with that?

Before choosing a Lycée, stand outside the gates at the end of the day and see who is selling what to whom. The more sellers, the more reason to avoid the place. I offer this from experience of one of the top Lycées.

3 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

It is on TV tonight BTW. 

My daughter is short and podgy. But she is fecking intelligent. Every Lycee where we live wants her in it. She is spoilt for choice where to study. 

A relative of ours (French) lost her liver through anorexia. She had a liver transplant and now has to live the rest of her life on drugs to support it.

SO 'WHAT IS THE POINT OF MISS FRANCE' ?

Living in France today is like living in the UK in the 70's/80's.

France is a fecking wierd country. 

That is my little rant over for the day. ?

Surely you are not suggesting that the contestants are dim or  are suffering from anorexia and will need liver transplants in the future? None of them look anorexic to me though I have no knowledge of their academic qualifications. As for the point of Miss France: You could, I suppose ask that of any competition be it athletics or scrabble! People, in this instance, get pleasure from it, is that such a bad thing? Incidentally I won't be watching it, attractive as the women are. The whole world hold these competitions so if France is weird then, by definition, the whole world is weird! Actually, in this present time, I could probably agree!!!

2 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

There is some discussion about allowing transgender candidates to compete. What beurk thought of that? How do they wear bikinis?

Well yes indeed, Woolly.

The once hallowed BBC a day or so ago, published a list of (in their warped opinion) of the 1,000 most influential women in Britain.

Which included - yes, you guessed it! - a number of blokes who state they are in fact women!

My first thought was that, well, now we know how all the "Bearded Ladies" who appeared in the post Victorian freak shows came about!

Some babe from Ïle de France won it.

Cor blimey governor, if I was 2O years younger. You know what I mean ?

She is dead fit and I am sure she wants world peace and she is good with an iron. 

But lots of yound girls are going to starve themselves stupid today hoping to have the same shape.

This type of thing is so has been. It is dumb beyond words. 

Until men or those with no gender can enter Miss France I am not interested. 

12 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

There is some discussion about allowing transgender candidates to compete. What beurk thought of that? How do they wear bikinis?

Well I suppose they can still wear bikinis. Filling them may be a problem of course; well the upper half at least!!!!!