Mandatory covid test on arrival in France

As I suspected, the French govt has announced that folk arriving from outside the EU will have to take a covid test within either 24 hours for the non vaccinated or 48 hours for the vaccinated. This seems to include UK.

Which type of test is acceptable has not been specified up to now.

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2021/12/01/covid-19-la-france-prolonge-jusqu-a-samedi-la-suspension-des-vols-depuis-l-afrique-australe_6104302_3244.html

What he actually said in his address was a test of less than 48 hours, for people arriving from outside of the EU, vaccinated or not.

For those arriving from within the EU, if not vaccinated, the delay is reduced to 24 hours.

Which seems rather odd, as they are giving greater leeway to the non vaccinated coming from outside the EU than to those from inside it.

We were going to go to Canterbury for the weekend just before xmas. But that is off now ?

What the hell do you do in France for that xmas cheer ?

Been to Strasbourg....but that is cr@p. Horrible place !

I had my 3rd injection yesterday.

Felt like shît for a good 12 hours. If you are going for your 3rd jab, be prepared. 

Better than catching covid I guess. 

Well, Mrs G & I have been all set for ‘Christmas with Family & Friends’, having dipped out 12 months ago.

The plans have been laid out, changed (according to people’s needs) but now, all of a sudden, everything looks decidedly iffy.

It’s not so much the cost of the additional tests (getting on for £300+ for just 2 adults), it’s the sheer aggravation & worry as to whether you’ve done every bloody thing that you’re supposed to do.  I don’t consider myself to be totally unintelligent, but it’s a concern ! 

Feeling rather gloomy about things at the moment, when normally a quite optimistic person.  On the other hand, I find myself saying “Rowlocks to them, I’m triple vaccinated, filled in all the bloody forms, tested up to the eyeballs ..... what else can they ask for / complain about ?”

Probably my few extra bottles of wine over the (new, as a result of poxy Brexit) limit.

I have just been reading this press release from the French government.  ( link )

If you look at the orange chart on page 4, it shows that vaccinated travellers from the UK to France have to show either a PCR or antigen (lateral flow) test max 48 hours before DEPARTURE from the U.K.

If you are not vaccinated, that period is reduced to 24 hours before embarquement.