About the new mutant Omicron form of Covid-19:

Gluestick

There is conflicting information concerning this new variant. Just as there was from the start of this two years ago. I read that this new variant is super contagious in one newspaper and in anther it isn't something to worry about! Often it is the way the 'news' is presented that frightens the life out of people. As of this moment, for example, hospitalisations, and deaths are as before; more or less yet the reporting of it has been, as usual, panic inducing!! Having had my three jabs I feel reasonably secure and happy to try and live 'normally'. Even went to dinner last night at a friends where there were several others; Even cuddled the host when I left, or rather she cuddled me I should say. It did seem strange after nearly two years that someone should 'touch me' Paranoid? Probably, If I start sneezing anytime soon I shall think it's the end!!!!

3 hours ago, Lehaut said:

Strange how quickly the daily deaths become the new norm.  100 a day at present in the UK, about half that in France.

Our youngest daughter in the UK is a hospital manager in a large hospital in Manchester, she reported a couple of days ago about thirty covid patients with one or two in ICU. Virtually all are unvaccinated, so not too much cause for concern she said.

30 minutes ago, Teapot1 said:

The South African Doctor actually treating people said so far the effects are very mild, fatigue is the sign.
So dont panic!

Too late!! Panic is the starting  point these days. Mass hysteria encouraged by the press is the norm! I read the comment by the doctor some days ago, it was way down on the pages of newspapers and just a couple of lines, not even reported in others. 

On 28/11/2021 at 08:49, Lehaut said:

Strange how quickly the daily deaths become the new norm.  100 a day at present in the UK, about half that in France.

It depends on how deaths are reported, UK death figures are people who die having tested positive in the last 28 days, a fair percentage of those people usually have other problems the French don't say how their figures are arrived at. 

The core problem, of course, is that Governments are faced with either telling the truth and facing massive panic and civil unrest, or trying to logically deal with the problem.

Hm...Governments being logical? A non sequitur, I fear!

The MSS (Main Stream Media) are today, sadly, noted as trying to publish biased erroneous information to mainly increase circulation or site hits.

I have discounted info from the WHO for some time now, as it has become political.

For me, the very best source of unbiased knowledge is now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) based in Atlanta, Georgia. Mainly since their infeed, emerges from leading global research labs, top epidemiologists, Immunologists and Micro-Biologists.

Q.V.

https://www.cdc.gov/

We went to book our third vaccination this morning, respecting the 6 month rule.  The pharmacy was heaving with people doing the same thing!  Evidently the new delay is down to 5 months as of 5 days ago.  Did not know this.

For over 65s, the current continued validation of the Pass Sanitaire is predicated on you having the third vaccination at or before the 6 mth anniversary, plus a leeway of an 4 extra weeks.   This works for us as we are booked on an SNCF train with a valid pass.  

If, however, they change the 6 mth rule to align with the new 5 mth directive, it could catch some people out over the holiday period.

As of 29 Nov the old rules still apply.  Hopefully they don't change the Pass Sanitaire rules.

23 hours ago, Lehaut said:

We went to book our third vaccination this morning, respecting the 6 month rule.  The pharmacy was heaving with people doing the same thing!  Evidently the new delay is down to 5 months as of 5 days ago.  Did not know this.

For over 65s, the current continued validation of the Pass Sanitaire is predicated on you having the third vaccination at or before the 6 mth anniversary, plus a leeway of an 4 extra weeks.   This works for us as we are booked on an SNCF train with a valid pass.  

If, however, they change the 6 mth rule to align with the new 5 mth directive, it could catch some people out over the holiday period.

As of 29 Nov the old rules still apply.  Hopefully they don't change the Pass Sanitaire rules.

You have to have had the 3rd dose within 6 months plus 4 weeks from your last dose.  Allowing people to take their booster from 5 months after their last is purely to give people more time, it has nothing to do with invalidating the pass sanitaire.

19 hours ago, crabtree said:

The boss of Moderna has said today that he thinks the current vaccines will not be totally effective against the new variant.

He expects it will take a good few months to develop a new vaccine to counter it.

Just keeping his shareholders happy!

The information continues to arrive that omicron, whilst able to transmit easier has less serious effects, mainly fatigue.

In that case better to catch omicron covid and have the best immunity going forward.