Covid numbers from Santé France

I feel strongly, that ALL World governments were asleep at the helm when the storm broke; they had become far too concerned with playing party politics and accordingly, far too complacent.

For the first time, the hidden perils of cheap jet travel all around the globe hit hard.

Worth looking, perhaps, at the earlier scourge of The Spanish Lady (Spanish Flu) just after WWI. Clearly, medical science and thus healthcare was far behind that of today.

It is now all too clear that Italy, which was continuing numerous daily flights to and from China, became probably, the European epicentre of Covid-19: Britain, also, was utterly blasé about international travel by air. Obviously, 200+ people crammed into a metal tube in close proximity, is the ideal way to spread any airborne pathogen.

In the UK, for example, not only was and is the NHS struggling, but additionally, years back, the isolation hospitals had all been mainly developed into houses: smart move!

Post WWII, for various reasons, there was an explosion of disease requiring isolation: TB, Polio, Scarlet Fever, etc.

CDC (The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta Georgia), are coordinating global research into Covid-19 and I am sure eventually, a solution will be found: as it was for TB, Polio and even now an inoculation against Pneumonia and even Shingles (I didn't know about these last two until a couple of months ago).

However, until the answers are found, I believe we face an annual booster shot...

On 23/11/2021 at 00:22, anotherbanana said:

Slightly off topic I know but it is Covid related! I have just had my third jab. Up to now I have carried the paper certificate around. Now I would like to 'put' it on my phone. Can I just take a photograph of it or do I have to download anything either to my computer or telephone? My computer expertise is limited to writing here and sending emails so if anyone is kind enough to tell me how to do it then please, "as if you are talking to a six year old"!! I promise not to be offended.

This works if you are on a modern smart phone and are running Android (I cannot say for I Phone as I don't have one, but should be the same).

Open Google Play Store

Search for TousAntiCovid - an app picture of a red and blue QR code.

Download, install and open.

On the open page there should be a blue section with Health Pass as the title, underneath is written "Open my wallet"

Don't open that yet, stop playing with your hair and listen!

There should be a smaller blue area under with "Scan a QR code" written it it, yes you can open that one by tapping on it.

This will open another window with a square outline linked to your phone camera.  You can use this to scan all three of the QR codes on your

vaccination certificates which will then appear in your "wallet".  You can also scan in the QR codes for your better half and vice versa so you 

have proof on both phones should you forget one.

Now you can go out and play.

Hope this helps!

? 

Perhaps we should try for a 4 year old!!   I typed in play store, got the 'tousanticovid' Downloaded it and it is installed. This is where it doesn't go as planned! The next window that opened says'Welcome' and at the bottom says "I'm in'. I pressed that and at the top it says It's easy" and at the bottom "continue". If I then press that is goes on about being informed if I have been in contact with someone contaminated. In other words it seems I have 'logged' into the alert system!!

I wasn't playing with my hair, honest!! 

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Perhaps we should try for a 4 year old!!   I typed in play store, got the 'tousanticovid' Downloaded it and it is installed. This is where it doesn't go as planned! The next window that opened says'Welcome' and at the bottom says "I'm in'. I pressed that and at the top it says It's easy" and at the bottom "continue". If I then press that is goes on about being informed if I have been in contact with someone contaminated. In other words it seems I have 'logged' into the alert system!!

I wasn't playing with my hair, honest!! 

Incidently, never saw any reference to  'Health pass' or 'open my wallet'!

Success! I have pressed and repressed and pressed everything again! I started from scratch a thousand times following your guidance. Whatever I was Doing, and I must have been doing it wrong, I eventually succeeded. 

Thanks for the explanation I wouldn't have been able to transfer it to my phone without it. Can I now go back to playing with my hair!!!

Thanks again.