Jigsaw puzzle bit missing

anotherbanana

Just finished a rather nice, new, Pieter Bruegel the Younger jigsaw and to our horror there is a piece missing. We are ultra careful to ensure pieces dont get stuck to clothing or knocked off and never vacuum in the area so are 100% sure it was never there.

Has anyone managed to get a jigsaw company to supply a missing piece or pieces? I have emailed them and await the result woth bated broth!

2 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

Great news. Email this morning very apologetic, asking me to send the bar code on the puzzle box and they will send me a replacement puzzle. Thats German care!

But you have to rebuild it or find the missing 'piece' in amongst the one thousand pieces or whatever. ?

I remember a story not so long ago when lego did the same to one of their customers. 

Not sure a French company would even answer the email nevermind care. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

The piece is quite distinctive so I shall sort through the replacement puzzle and photograph the new piece as close to real size as possible, then print it off and make a copy to go into the original puzzle which can then go to someone else with a note, of course. Or I could try and paint a piece using acrylics, just for fun. Or not!