As the French presidential election warms up…

it might be worth listing some of the policies of the candidates. Here are a couple that are common to Le Pen et al:

abolish the right to nationality for children of foreigners if born on French soil ( droit de sol),

get rid of wind farms and green subsidies and go entirely nuclear.

Perhaps we might continue to add as we come across them.

That's a fascinating chart, Norman.

I have only skimmed it so far, but see that Zemmour wants to do away with the 35 heures, and that he wants to stop non-Europeans having dual nationality. Would that last affect you?

......and that he wants to stop non-Europeans having dual nationality. Would that last affect you?

Am I missing something here?  I always understood NormanH to be of European extraction, i.e. he is British.  If it transpires that he is, after all, of Russian descent I won't be at all surprised.  😄

It depends on whether you define European as meaning someone from an EU country, (a  political definition) or by racial origin.

In the case of nationality it might be argued that only those in the EU  would be allowed to hold double nationality since to distinguish by origin might be considered as racist.

NormanH, if in fact you do happen to be of Russian stock then as long as you were born west of the top of Ngodyayakha Mountain in the Polar Urals nature park you are safe in the knowledge that you are European.  Politicians of the 27 EU nations who are hoping to become the head honcho of their respective countries should learn a few basics and understand that the EU does not have exclusivity to the term 'European'. 😏