Travel to UK and back- what are the current rules?

Please is there anyone out there who can tell me exactly what the current rules for travel are, as both UK and French govt sites have me confused. We are resident in France. Our daughter is getting married in Cumbria in early December, and we would love to go, but if we've got to order and pay for day 2 and day 8 tests over there, plus tests when we come back to France, we will schedule a visit instead for whenever travel is easier and safer. We are both fully vaccinated. Thanks in advance for any definite information.

Tests prior to leaving France no longer needed, but only a day two pre booked test in UK which is shown on the Passenger Locator Form, also needed, plus proof of double or more vaccination ( download certificate from Ameli).

To return, proof of vaccination plus form saying, on your honour that you havent got covid symptoms and havent knowingly been in contact with anyone who has.

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back via the tunnel.  Indeed all preloaded, no questions asked (I spoke to a human as they'd managed to mess up which side to go, and he was on the wrong side for me).   SAid, I have al the docs do you wnat to go on teh next shuttele (I was early) said, yes and away I went.  French douane checked passport (did not stamp it, WARP attached to it and presented together).  Asked for proof of vaccination, had a  paper version with sworn stament on other side, showed him both and off I went.  I left before pre-test was eliminated, but no need now, 2 day test OK.  I used Oncologia, not the cheapest at £55, but all worked as planned, test arrived on the day expected, sent off the next day, result back with 24/48 hrs.  Mid afternoonon a Sunday, quick and painless. 

Thank you for all the replies. This day 2 test.....I understand you have to order it before you leave for the UK and it will be delivered to an address specified by you. Now I can see the reasoning behind this if you are travelling to UK to your property there or staying with relatives. But we would (probably) be staying in a Travelodge somewhere and I would be anxious about the delivery not reaching us. Has anyone out there had their tests successfully delivered to a cheapie hotel?