Driving in London

anotherbanana

As far as I can see, all you need to do is to register your foreign car and then provide a copy of the main page of the carte gris. As an international standard document, that should have all the information they need, car owner (section C), car manufacturer and model (D), registration date (B), weight (G), fuel type (P.3). It might have been better if they had given examples of the type of acceptable document! 

And then you need to wait for confirmation. I've just applied.

That was all I needed to do when I applied for the similar German Umweltplakette environmental sticker. Easier for the French Crit'Air sticker as they can access the registration database.

see also  https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/cars

Mid-afternoon today I applied using my carte gris.

I made an error on the form and gave the wrong Euro Class. A couple of hours later I received an e-mail telling me I'd made an error in the Euro Class (they'd only know that from the carte gris information) and gave a link to resubmit data and the documentation. I did that but it was then after 5 pm UK  time so didn't expect a further reply until Monday. 

But there was no objection to the carte gris as the justification document.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, briseyda21 said:

I will apply over the weekend twitter to mp4 and see what they say As an international standard document

If your vehicle is Euro class 6 standard, most cars after 2015 should be. You should be OK. Also Doris on Facebook  😂 says that post Brexit the DVLA and the French equivalent no longer share number plate information. Do you feel lucky