If unfurnished who buys the kitchen?

vanwin

If I rent unfurnished moving my own to France, many unfurnished houses do not have a kitchen.

Surely a tenant should not have to spend 5,000 installing one in someone else's property.

If I move on or purchase a place after 6  months it will not fit the new place.

You can purchase moveable kitchen cabinetry.  Some of what Ikea sells falls into this category.  Same with Castorama and the like.  It isn't all that expensive, but you are right;  it may or may not be useful in your next place of residence.

You don't want to bolt anything cabinetry to the wall as that will have to remain.  If renting for a short term - one year or less, find a place that has a fitted kitchen.  It shouldn't be that hard to find.

6 hours ago, vanwin said:

If I rent unfurnished moving my own to France, many unfurnished houses do not have a kitchen.

Surely a tenant should not have to spend 5,000 installing one in someone else's property.

Why would you spend that much on a temporary kitchen in a rental property ?

Here in France you can buy an attractive, functional kitchen for around €1000 .. so why spend more ?

Follow Lori's advice and don't buy fitted units then you can take the kitchen with you or you can sell the units on ☺️

Edited by suein56
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...