The new place to buy

Alexis

What a load of 24 carrot plonkers you really are, corsiac not for me, i am not going there well d`nt go stay where you are but do do not slag off other peoples loves!! I am moving from wales to Charente some people might think I am a plonker for going there but I will not slag off wales nor other peoples choices where they want to live . We are going for the French way of life lay back and hip. If I cant get Hovis I will eat french sticks, if i cannot get hp baked beans i will eat french ones and put tomato sauce with em. When you move to Rome be Roman not try to change it to blighty no wonder the french hate us people like you should sod off back where they come from or go to australia and become whining  pommes...........

not afraid to post my name

dave

Are you under the influence of something calming Dave?

We all already live in France.  Just don't want to be blown up if we go to Corsica.  Perhaps you didn't realise that the Corsican enjoys blowing up gendarmeries, second homes of the French, homes of every other nation etc.

They like lighting fires too.

Judging by the lack of posters in this forum, a lot of people agree with you Alexis.

Dave, lots of people use aliases on this forum, it doesn't mean they are scared. I am though - I have good reason not to use my full name, but I have posted it in my registration details, somewhere, if you really need to know what it is.

Dave, when you finally do come to France, remember to pick up a sense of humour on your way over.  You'll need it.

And as you're going to be SO laid-back that your hips will fall off, you'll have plenty of time to read Asterix books.

Now lighten up, or I'll post my Corsican joke again.

Please lighten up Dave..................

We don't want SB's flipping Corsican joke back, she wheels it out at every opportunity, so don't give her that opening....................please

You know it makes sense Rodney, so why do they call you Dave then ?

corsica sounds a bit like wrexham in n wales where i live then. Race riots cars on fire, graf,graf ,graf yeh  writing on the walls burning holiday homes ( REMBER THE SLOGAN come home to a real fire, buy a cottage in Wales)

so I will apologise ........providing you tell the joke

trouble at castle on now so of  to watch telle

SB posted it but it is so risque, that Admin knocked it on the head very quickly and you can't blame them, you have to be quick to catch it and you were off watching the Chateau on TV so.....you will have to wait another 12 months till she posts it again

You may mock, Miki, but I'm almost finished my Ph.D. thesis on French Humour.  I started it last week when I joined the queue in the Millau McDo, and I was just putting the finishing touches to it when my turn came to order my net-of-fish.

Sadly, even after years of research into the Funniness Factor in French jokes, I haven't found a better one, but as always, I'm open to offers. 

Yours,

SB (that's DOCTOR SB to you, btw )

The wife went down there last week, after all the talk about Corsica she got interested in another project. The only news we have had, is a note from the head honcho demanding that either I take her back, or SB posts her joke. Difficult choice, I have asked for time 

[quote]corsica sounds a bit like wrexham in n wales where i live then. Race riots cars on fire, graf,graf ,graf yeh writing on the walls burning holiday homes ( REMBER THE SLOGAN come home to a real fire, b...[/quote]

Hey, do you know my long lost Uncle Frank, he lives there, seven kids? Nice bloke.

Georgina

Panic not, it's all just a joke.  I blame Asterix. 

I think Calvi was on the news the other night, an Arab family got attacked, and "Arabs-out" type graffiti was graffiti'd on their house.

Before I say anything stoopid like "obviously they weren't respectful enough", do you know what the truth of it was?

More importantly, do you know what's happened to Miki's wife?   I'm still worried.

• 8 months later...
hi everyone. i'm new to the site and have a ? about corsica. Now, i realize there are a lot of jokes floating around this topic, unlike Dave my sense of humor is is in tact, however i must ask with genuine concern; is corsica really this bad? as an american tring to leave this God forsaken country, would it be a bad idea to move to corsica? my husband and i were discussing our options for fleeing the US, i mentioned Itally, and he said Corsica, which i now know is french territory. So any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

thx, tara