CHILD WITH DOWNS SYNDROME 86

LAST EDITED ON 10-Feb-04 AT 01:46 PM (GMT)

Does anyone have a child who has a learning disability in dept 86/79. We are moving between Parthenay and Poitiers in May and it would be great to meet up with someone in similar situation. Does anyone have a son of the age of about 12 who would like a friend? My son is currently in mainstream secondary school, enjoys football,animals etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,
We moved to the Vienne in October of last year. Our son David has Downs. He is 21 and thoroughly enjoys his new life here.
We live in a small hamlet La Braudiere which is near Romagne about 40 minutes south of Poitiers.
Annie

I can't offer any help as I am not in your area (currently in Brittany but moving down to the Dordogne in 4 weeks) but I do have a brother with Downs who is now 43. Andr was brought up in France (like myself) and consequently speaks French/English fluently. It always amazed us how he could switch from one language to the other as soon as he heard the other language being spoken. If you ever want any moral support in any way please feel free to get in touch. Andr has brought the family much joy (and much laughter) over the years and I think the great thing was my parents treating him exactly the same as the rest of the family.

Angela