Taxe Fonciere

bettyboop

Idun, I must admit that it's probably not a fair comparison of two completely different types of property. We were band F in UK, and paid around £1800 as far as I remember in our last year there (2004), with another £300 for water. I dread to think what it would be today. Here we are on the edge of a small village (pop 400), with a huge (to us) amount of grounds (6000sq m, although not unusual by any means here), and we have 2 houses and the usual collection of barns, and outbuildings. In UK we were in a largish bungalow on a plot of approx 1500 sq m on the edge of a town (pop 30,000). Naturally services are quite different (or missing).

I don't pay habitation (age exempt, me, not the house!)

The bottom line is that we prefer here, and yes, it's cheaper!

There's more to this tale though. When we arrived our foncieres was only 280€. As it turned out the TWO previous owners had not declared the property correctly nor had they admitted to several improvements. Naturally muggins here filled in the dreaded H1 form with complete honesty when asked and got a shock the following year, double the bill.

Since then increase have been due to our building extension and the moderate, in my opinion, annual increases. 

We have a small (86m2) two bed/2 shower-room house (second home), with living room and kitchen/diner, on 1660m2 of land and last year our taxe fonciere was 263 euros and taxe d'habitation 183 euros (no TV).  No avis yet received for 2011.

In 2006, when the basic renovation was finished, we filled in the dreaded H1 form, and in 2008, after the normal 2 years grace, our taxe fonciere went up from 115 euros to 238 euros and the taxe d'habitation from 77 euros to 163 euros. Since we had doubled the floor area by incorporating an existing store-room extension into the ground floor (for kitchen/diner and shower-room) and adding a bedroom and shower-room to the single bedroom in the grenier, we didn't think the increase was at all unreasonable. The poor old man who'd lived there before had cooked over an open fire in his living-room and had a single cold tap, the loo being in the shed across the garden.

I'm guessing that the main reason for the still very reasonable local taxes has to be that our house is in a tiny commune (220 inhabitants) where there are no public works other than basic maintenance to our 3 civic buildings (mairie/church/salles des fetes) and of course road maintenace in the bourg.

If we add our third bedroom and ensuite loo as planned, plus a shed in the garden, I expect our joint taxes will creep over the 600 euro mark when the 2 years grace is ended. [:)]

We moved in as soon as the apartments were completed, and had the 2 full years with no charge, then €170 last year, which seemed pretty much in line with friends in other apartments of a similar age and amenities around town. We've just arrived back, so I'll be asking some of them about their bills.

I got so alarmed by this thread that a few weeks back when I bumped into our friendly mayor, instead of exchanging the usual chit chat about what a bad summer it has been and how nice the flowers in front of the mairie are looking, I blurted out "do you know how much the taxes are going up here because in some parts of France they seem to have gone up enormously?" He looked a bit taken aback but quickly recovered and said smoothly non non, just a very tiny little increase, it had to be raised a bit but nothing to worry about.

TF arrived today and it's gone up almost 100 euros :(

[quote user="gardengirl "][quote user="nomoss"][quote user="pachapapa"]

I am glad to learn that ALL the taxe foncière is exclusively for the commune AND accordingly rapacious EPCIs and Départments will not receive even one penny, sorry one centime. Oh and I forgot to include Regions.

[/quote]

In the "Détail du calcul des cotisations" on my Avis d'Imposition it appears that 30,69% is levied for the Département. There is also a note:

"À compter de 2011, pour les própriétés bâties, la part régionale est transférée au département. Pour les propriétés non bâties, une taxe additionelle se substitue aux parts départmentale et régionale"

Note (8), pertaining to this "Taxe additionelle" states "Cette taxe crée en 2011 et perçue au profit des communes et des EPCI ne s'applique qu'aux terres non agricoles"

[/quote]

Our taxe foncière bill  arrived in UK today, and said much as nomoss has quoted.

Last year our's was €170; this year it is €690! [:(]

I make that 305% increase! I wouldn't mind a sweet 3% or 4%, but that's terrible! Now we know how the council's new arena and boxing club will be paid for! And the arena won't even take concerts as planned, as the acoustics are so bad!

[/quote]

I was going to touch on aspects of the H 1 form declaration but got distracted by the "sucking eggs" gambit.

But to close off I received in the post this morning the felicitous result of my formal reclamation to the Taxe Foncière authority.[:)]

After an increase in TF this year, noted earlier in the thread, an additional dégrèvement arrived.

Has to be paid before the 15th October.

Phoned up the the Local Hôtel des Finances to ascertain mode of payment.

Advised that the best course of action is NOT to forward a cheque to Lille but to pop into the local Trésorie at Airvault and they will deduct immediately the additional amount.

Happy Bunny![:)]