No Tax Fonciere Bill yet - will they take automatic payment?

Daft Doctor

Hi, we are in the UK and last year I received our TF bill at the beginning of October and paid online, Impots taking the money from our account on 25th October.  I haven't yet received the 2011 bill and as we have moved house in the UK am worried that redirection hasn't picked it up (given that the French put surname before christian names on the bill).  Looking at the mandate I filled in last year it looks as though it authorised more than just the single payment?

Without the Avis reference I can't organise another separate online payment.  Will Impots just take the money owed automatically without further action if I don't receive the bill?  If not, how can I chase the bill and reference so I can make payment?  Many thanks

I think that  your authorisation was for a single payment, so they can't or won't use that again this year.

Have you got your reference from last year's bill? It should have an email address as well.

I have successfully emailed my tax office in the past with questions, but I know that other people's experiences  of replies to emails are mixed.

Hi, yes, email might be best initially and yes, I do have last years bill at hand.  telephoning comes into the realms of a severe challenge for my French skills, which might end in embarrasment.  I think last year as soon as I had the bill in my hand I could sort it all out instantly online,  including a certificate of intended payment.  I think the paper authority for payment can follow a little more slowly as the impots don't take payment until the 25th for online transactions.  If the post doesn't bring anything today I will contact the Tresorie.  Many thanks.  

I've only just seen this thread.

We were in a very similar situation.

We moved back to UK from France in March.

Previously we paid Taxes Foncieres by annual direct debit but we cancelled all our direct debits when we moved.

We did arrange for all our French post to be redirected here to UK but no Taxes Foncieres arrived by last week.

In desperation I emailed the local office (small village near Perpignan), asking them to let me know how much we owe so that we could send a cheque.

I really didn't expect a reply - how many French offices reply to emails???

But this produced an answer within 4 hours, telling me the amount and giving me a reference number to write on the cheque.

Incroyable. Perhaps they needed my money more than I realised.

We were in the same situation -however for the past 4 years I've had to email them for the bill because they somehow could just not get the fact that the bill had to be sent to my UK address - it kept being sent to the French address. Just email them, they'll email you the bill which can thembe paid online. It's strange because they send the Taxe d'Habitation bill to our UK address, although where it will end up this year I don't know!!