LOOKING FOR WORK IN CHARENTE MARITIME

Is there anyone out there that can offer any advice/help. I am in the charente maritime area and i am looking for work.I am willing to work as a building trade labourer ( a little experience) but I do have experience in the hospitality industry and I also have a drivers licence for all vehicles to class 1 lorries ( I know france has a shortage of lorry drivers but they block foreign drivers by requiring a very expensive (and quite insulting )extra certificate(fimo).Any ideas out there or builders !!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Try the ANPE website... Mrs O[/quote]

monty here , thanks but I have done all that anpe business and the two main offices available to me are extremely unhelpful (detect just a slight anti attitude ) I have been trawling papers and trying to meet as many established brits here, I was really after finding local english up and running businesses here

[quote]monty here , thanks but I have done all that anpe business and the two main offices available to me are extremely unhelpful (detect just a slight anti attitude ) I have been trawling papers and trying...[/quote]

Their problem is that if they're too successful in finding jobs for people, they'll be out of a job themselves.   

They do seem to be regarded as generally not much use, but as Opas said, you should look at their website as well as go into the office, usually loads of jobs on there.   Just depends how keen you are to work, as many of them are SMIC.

Bonne chance!  

Hi Monty1

I am new to this site so I hope you get this ok. What part of the Charente are you wanting work? I have a friend who is building a gite hamlet in Longre (south of Chef Boutonne), they've been working on it for 3 years and this is the final month of work before they open. Would you like me to ask her if she needs a labourer for the last month of work? If so, do you have transportation and accommodation?

Thanks

Dame