Availability of Christmas trees

Hi

We are thoroughly enjoying planning for our first Christmas in our house in 17.  We are arriving in the area on 23/12.  We have always had a real Christmas tree in the UK but are unsure as to how available trees are in France.  Could anyone in the area let me know if they would be available and if so where, do supermarkets stock them etc?

Many thanks

Gail   

Hi

Many thanks for letting me know I just wasn't sure and just didn't really fancy taking over an artificial one.  I'm trying to pick up on the differences between french and english christmas'.  As far as I can gather Christmas Eve seems to be the main event in France but any info about other differences would be really appreciated.

Thanks again.

Gail  

Just a word of warning - we have found that here in Deux-Sèvres they tend to be on sale from around the first week of December and sell out quickly - a couple of years ago we decided not to buy one until the beginning of the week before Christmas and then had to take the best of what was left - which was more than a little challenged. It may well be difficult to find a decent one so close to Christmas.

Hi

Thanks for your reply, has anyone had any experience of buying one in Charente Maritime,we're close to Pons. We won't be arriving until early evening on the 23rd so we'd probably be looking to buy one on Christmas Eve, maybe we might be leaving it too late?

Gail

Hi Gail, I live in Pons, i'll keep my eyes peeled at the garden centre next to intermarche to see if they have any and if they do, what the stock situation is, although we are returning to england on the 20th, but thats not much of a difference b4 you arrive.

I'll pm you nearer the time, however should i forget, i tend to have a head like a sieve sometimes, just give me a nudge.

Emma

:ast year we found that they all seemed to get sold on the second Sunday of December here in 16 and after that there were only very tatty trees to be found. I scoured the countrysideside and managed to find a small but decent one at an agri-coop. If you're not coming over until 23rd I should bring your own or ask someone in France to buy you one. Good luck!