I know it's a nightmare - my husband sorts out most of my paperwork for me thank God!

If you really are serious about getting into this and you have any queries send me a pm and I'll do what I can to help.

First though, you have to learn the Welsh National Anthem by heart[:-))]

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Gwlad bierdd a chantorion enwogion o fri
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad
Tros rhydid collasant eu gwaed

Gwlad! Gwlad! pliediol wyf i’m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur, i’r bur hoffbau
O bydded i’r heniaith barhau

Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd
Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn, i’m golwg sydd hardd
Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si
Ei nentydd, afonydd, i mi

Gwlad! Gwlad! pliedol wyf i’m gwlad

Os triesiodd y gelyn fy ngwlad dan ei droed
Mae hen iaith y Gymry mor fyw ag erioed
Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad
Na thelyn bersieniol fy ngwlad

Gwlad! Gwlad! pliedol wyf i’m gwlad

Yes I did know all that. and yes I do speak French, clever clogs. (7 years of it at school just before Crimean War)

Are you Welsh all obsessed with poultry ?

Who is this SYDD anyway ?

I noticed on another thread that you have singing lessons.

Do you think this is beneficial. Being a natural I never felt the need.

Anyway, I think Ive just about recovered from the assault (by Welsh) from all corners of the forum that Katie promised. (Well two of you anyway).

Keep practising the Chevalier.

Regards Me. 

Hi You  Dragon,

Do you seriously think you can teach ME anything about singing mon amie.

And by the way heres an intellectual teaser for you -

Do you think the Zulus would have won if we hadnt had Ivor Emmanuel ?

Ive got a headache today - too much cheap German beer last night. About 28P a pint.

Don't know I haven't heard you sing yet.  Send me a recording if you have one.

I CAN teach you how to preserve your voice and not  damage it through drinking cheap beer[;-)]  Actually I teach a method with a drinking straw [blink] and with simple daily excercises you can enhance the quality of your voice.

I am a natural too, and proud to say that at 40 I still have a 3 octave range[:)]

I don't do interlect mate ( the forum quiz is enough for me!) so give us the answer or I'm letting the dragon out of it's cage!

Whats An Octave ?  (Just joking)

Are you too young to remember the Film ZULU.

The zulus attack and the Welsh regiment (God bless em)  break into Men Of Harlech (With Ivor - Dont you remember the Wesh geezer) taking lead tenor. I just wondered if , without him, our brave lads might have been outsung. (Dont know why I bother - brain the size of a planet - youll be telling me you havnt seen Hitchikers Guide to The Galaxy next)..

Go on then give me a couple of quick verbal tips on how to improve my magical vocal talent.

Bloomin eck its in French (have you got Welsh version) and my head urts too much at moment - Ill read it later.

Dont seem to be many musicians on this forum do there.

Ive put an ad in local free English paper which will be out in June , but at this rate Im not too optimistic.

Did you notice that our director of Rugby (Phil Davis - famous ex Wales player) has left to go back to Wales, with the Scarlets I believe). As a Welsh person I dare you to say in public that you arent interested in Rugy.

Where in 81 are you (Dont really know the area). Im near St. Jean D Angely in Charente Maritime.(17).

I am interested in rugby but I'm not very 'au fait' with the management bit.  If Wales are playing France or England I hang my huge Welsh flag on my front gate!

Bassman is into music he posts on here quite regularly, he used to play in a band with Chris Reas brother.  He's  based in Brittany - bit far to go for rehearsals!

Let's just say that I'm somewhere  inbetween Toulouse and Albi.

Hi Leedstyke

Just to put your mind at rest there are a few musicians about! My OH is a pro guitarist (Jazz, blues, soul, rock etc)  and worked regularly in the UK, with his own bands and as a 'dep'. Since moving here last summer he's been 'networking' in the Vendee. Probably a bit far out for you, though he is always looking for working bands, duos, trios etc and doesn't mind travelling a reasonable distance, even to 'dep'.

If you don't already know, there are a few french music sites that have forums & annonces looking for musicians. When I found them I  posted adverts for my OH and within a month he was working with a french pop/rock band and they will be releasing their 1st album in Aug/Sept. (Fingers crossed!) If you're interested they've got some of these links on their website - www.harisona.com/Liens/liens.html

Regards

Lynpy