What is quickest way to send money from France to UK

stan

I need to send a small amount of money to my UK bank account ASAP. Can anyone advise on the quickest way to do this. My bank says that an international transfer can take a week. I do not mind sending money via the likes of Western Union (if a similar system exists in France) and have a relative pay it into my UK bank.

Any ideas?

As it's only a small amount, maybe the relative would pay it in today and then you could investigate the best way to repay him.

ps. Western Union does exist in France. We used it once to send money to US. It was based at a large post office in Perpignan - quite an expensive way of doing it I seem to remember but it was an emergency.

Thanks Bubbles and Another, I had thought of that, but did not want to bother anyone with having to borrow any money, regardless of the amount. I have since registered with Western Union online and tried to send the 40 euros, but, guess what, my CA Mastercard does not work with the site. I went as far as inputting the Verisign code, then WU came back to say they could not proceed with the transaction as they were protecting my security! There is a WU outlet near here, so I will go in person and send it from there. The fee is only 4 euros, so worth it for the quickness and lack of hassle.

Thanks to all.