South Africans

• 2 months later...

Hi Ernie

We are Africans currently living in England, but hope to be move to our house in Le Vendee early next year. I am South African & husband is from Zambia (N. Rhodesia actually). We don't get much time in Le Vendee (work constraints in UK) but would love to meet some jaapies living in France.

Please keep in touch.

Regards

Darryl & Charmian McDermid

• 5 months later...

Hi,

We are Nigel and Debbie from S.A and Rhodesia ,we have a property in Limousan but live in the UK. We are generally out about Five times a year. Give us an email as we live in a great village with lots of life loads of Braaivleis. Nigel makes his own Biltong.

If you would like to get the good old S.A. Stuff like Ouma rusks .Mrs Balls etc Contact Ron Campbell on the Flame Lilly website WWW.campbellsbiltong.com. We will be doing a South African Night in Dover, Kent In September when the Boks thrash the Rooineks.

If you are interested give me an email and I will send you the details

[quote user="postie"]

...hope to be move to our house in Le Vendee early next year. ...don't get much time in Le Vendee ...

[/quote]

Hi Darryl and Charmian,

At the risk of being thought nit-picking, I just thought I'd point out that it's LA Vendee!  [;-)]

Good luck with the move

Angela
www.the-vendee.co.uk

[quote user="Cheffette"]

Hi,

We are Nigel and Debbie from S.A and Rhodesia ,we have a property in Limousan but live in the UK. We are generally out about Five times a year. Give us an email as we live in a great village with lots of life loads of Braaivleis. Nigel makes his own Biltong.

If you would like to get the good old S.A. Stuff like Ouma rusks .Mrs Balls etc Contact Ron Campbell on the Flame Lilly website WWW.campbellsbiltong.com. We will be doing a South African Night in Dover, Kent In September when the Boks thrash the Rooineks.

If you are interested give me an email and I will send you the details

[/quote]

Hi!

I'm not south African but thanks for that link - spent quite a while in S.A. Mrs. Balls!!!!!!!! brilliant! nothing else comes close.

Would also love to get a copy of the 'Springbok nude girls' albums, saw them live lots of times but can't seem to find  their music for sale anywhere.

[quote user="postie"]

Dear Angela

Thanx, a small technical hitch, A & E too close on the keyboard!  No problem & no offence taken!  South Africans have broad shoulders, as Kevin Pietersen will confirm!!

Postie

[/quote]

......and large fingers[Www]

[:)]

• 1 month later...

Ciao Massimo anche Tracy !

Quando tornate al Sud Africa ?  Vi tornate in permanenza ??

Sto stato in visito al RSA fa due mese, al Wild Coast, ancora bellissimo, ma, Johannesburgo, che brutto, tantissimo pericoloso.

In tutto caso, spero tutt’a posto anche tanti auguri !

Which means : When are you returning to South Africa ?  Back for good ?

I visited the RSA a couple months ago, down to the Wild Coast, still marvellous, but Joburg, terrible, so completely dangerous.

In any case, I hope all goes well with you and the best of luck !  

ernie

[quote user="Loiseau"][quote user="postie"]

...hope to be move to our house in Le Vendee early next year. ...don't get much time in Le Vendee ...

[/quote]

Hi Darryl and Charmian,

At the risk of being thought nit-picking, I just thought I'd point out that it's LA Vendee!  [;-)]

Good luck with the move

Angela
www.the-vendee.co.uk

[/quote]

And Zimbabwe!

• 3 months later...

Howzit julle!!!

We're in Wiltshire/Vienne - amazing how we jaapies get around.   I am really a rooinek,  but lived there for over 24 yrs,  husband born in Southern Rhodesia/parents SAfricans living there, and his family goes back in SA to about 1685, although he tries not to be a                 'when we/hairy back'   all the time. 

Do you also find France a bit similar?  We find La Vienne a bit like Natal,  not as hot, but safer.   We go to France as often as possible - next visit beg Oct., looking forward to being there full-time.  Are there many others that you have met?  We ought to arrange a braai at some point convenient for all- any interest in this  ? 

Would love to hear from you all - a   pm/email (not sure what a pm is)

Take care

Tegwini

Hi Tegwini,

Welcome !

Where are you in La Vienne ?

A "PM" is a private message you can send as well as receive from someone.

I'll snd you one.

A bit busy at the moment following the Boks triumphant progress (off to lens tomorrow) so short of time.

Tiot SDens van Ernie

[quote user="ernie"]

Ciao Massimo anche Tracy !

Quando tornate al Sud Africa ?  Vi tornate in permanenza ??

Sto stato in visito al RSA fa due mese, al Wild Coast, ancora bellissimo, ma, Johannesburgo, che brutto, tantissimo pericoloso.

In tutto caso, spero tutt’a posto anche tanti auguri !

Which means : When are you returning to South Africa ?  Back for good ?

I visited the RSA a couple months ago, down to the Wild Coast, still marvellous, but Joburg, terrible, so completely dangerous.

In any case, I hope all goes well with you and the best of luck !  

ernie

[/quote]

Ernie, we are flying to CT on the 1st of November, until end of March... we could have an offer for here soon, in that case we will complete in April and then move to CT for good, and open there the pizza club.... Cape Town needs a good pizza!!!!

ps. your italiano is molto buono, dove hai imparato?

ciao