No Impot yet?

milkeybar kid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrive yesterday so I can do my health stuff today and finally send it off. I had the usual stroppy letter from them even though I told them my Impot had not arrived.

One tip, special box or not anything you send that involves money do it by registered post. Just because you stuck it in a special box at their office does not mean it got processed and you have no proof you gave it to them. I'm not trying to frighten you and I am sure its perfectly OK and its been done and they are just late sending you Impots back but registered post gives you some piece of mind.

Today still no tax or social charges, so went to tax office. I wont bore you with details( see postbag insomniacs post!! trying to bore folk to sleep!!) Simply they say its lost , so gave them copies and they say we will receive all in January . So thank you for everyone's help/ advice.Streuth! Wish we could speak the language could not even think of the word to ask if we will get a find. Does anyone think I should write and explain our visit today ( err get a French friend to write it)?? Advice appreciated.Phew

• 1 month later...
Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Impot arrived yesterday (22/12/09).I was so panicked to open it. No penalty and no Impot,phew. Will now be in a worry till Social charges arrive and see if there is a penalty on that.

To backtrack ...we delivered by hand direct into the Impot the day before deadline day as we always do..when we went to office to query it months ago they shrugged and said its lost!!but were full of smiles and said "dont worry, we will send it now we have your copy, perhaps January".

Now, MBK, deep breaths, and tell yourself not to worry! The impots worry turned out fine, so think positive. I know you're a founder member of the insomniacs' club, but we don't want you there every night till your social charges arrive! [:D]

2010 arriving, big breath, no worrying about tax type bills - no ulcers! [:D]

• 1 year later...
[quote user="AnOther"]

Nor me but why the hurry  [;-)]

[/quote]I don't know about MBK but the deadline for the CMU submission is very soon.  The threatening letters telling you your healthcare will shortly be terminated unless you cough up with the Avis can be a bit initimidating.  Happily our tax office seems to have woken up in terms of timing this year, even if they did get the thing completely wrong.  MBK, there is an Avis available to download on line these days, if you have an account set up.

We've got (our first) Avis and notification as usual for the Tax Fonciere - pay all by DD, so no worries there. Just the CPAM thing to sort out in November. We have to wait until then for the letter from the UK - they won't send it earlier.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="AnOther"]

Nor me but why the hurry  [;-)]

[/quote]I don't know about MBK but the deadline for the CMU submission is very soon.  The threatening letters telling you your healthcare will shortly be terminated unless you cough up with the Avis can be a bit initimidating.  Happily our tax office seems to have woken up in terms of timing this year, even if they did get the thing completely wrong.  MBK, there is an Avis available to download on line these days, if you have an account set up.[/quote]

How do you get into that?

To get access to my page I am asked for my Fiscal number, my number de télédeclarant and the numéro fiscale de référence....which is on the Avis I don't have!

I had the same predicament Norman. My teledeclarant number was on the tax return I completed at the tax office when we were over in France. They didn't give me a copy so I rang to ask for the number but they wouldn't give it to me over the phone.

Are you able to go to the tax office for that information?