No Impot yet?

milkeybar kid

Crikey we have received our tax fonciere (less than last year!) but still have not received our impot (income tax), shall we do nothing ? is it normal? I thought that the fonciere was based on your income as well as other things. I am flappin like the proverbial Mrs Milkey.Any one out there not received theirs?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="milkeybar kid"] I thought that the fonciere was based on your income as well as other things. [/quote]

Is it ????????

Where does that put those with a residence secondaire and no income declared in France.?

[/quote]

Paying EXTRA .... (actually, I was thinking about TdH rather than TF)

For TF:

Exonérations et dégrévements de taxes foncières

Personnes âgées et de condition modeste :

Sont exonérés de la taxe foncière sur les propriétés bâties, pour leur habitation principale, les propriétaires qui, au 1er janvier de l'année d'imposition, sont :

titulaires de l'allocation de solidarité ou de l'allocation supplémentaire

d'invalidité mentionnées respectivement aux articles L.815-1 et L.815-24 du Code de la sécurité sociale,

ou

âgés de plus de 75 ans, ou titulaires de l'allocation aux adultes

handicapés et dont le revenu fiscal de référence n’excède pas la limite

définie à l’article 1417-I du CGI.

Conditions de cohabitation :

cette exonération n'est pas accordée lorsque le propriétaire habite

avec des personnes autres que son conjoint, sauf si ces personnes sont

comptées à charge pour l’impôt sur le revenu, ou perçoivent des revenus

n’excédant pas la limite définie à l’article 1417-I du CGI.

7 - Personnes âgées de plus de 65 ans et de moins de 75 ans :

Les

propriétaires qui, au 1er janvier de l'année d'imposition, sont âgés de

plus de 65 ans et de moins de 75 ans sont dégrevés d'office de 100 € au

plus de la taxe foncière sur les propriétés bâties, pour leur habitation principale

s'ils l'occupent en respectant la condition de cohabitation et si leur

revenu fiscal de référence n'excède pas la limite prévue par l'article

1417-I du CGI.

For TdH, if it is your principal residence, then there are reductions and exemptions based on age and means, and for dependent relatives or children living with you, which obviously are not available to second home owners, who also pay 8% for "frais de gestion" against 4.4% for those for whom it is their principal residence.

Regards

Pickles

We have just had the annual farcical rounds on this one.  CPAM asks for our tax return as confirmation we live here and are still entitled to CMU de base.  We have had no avis yet so o/h goes into our CPAM with the electronic confirmation that we have filed our tax return, plus a copy of said tax return and the official estimate including our estimated RFR.  He explains that our local tax office has yet to send out the Avis.  Fine, they say, but please send it to us once it is issued.

48 hours later, a letter appears from the CPAM, thanking us for submitting the papers but saying that we cannot continue in CMU unless we send, by return, a copy of our Avis.  I e-mail our tax office just to be sure it's the usual thing (ever since we have been submitting tax returns here, the Avis have not arrived until October.)  No probs, say the tax office, they will be sent out on or around 15th October - this is quite normal and applies to everybody in our area.

I telephone CPAM (I'm going into hospital on Sunday for an operation, so CMU membership is a bit crucial!) and explain.  No problem, they say, we've marked your file. Please just send us a copy of your Avis when you get it. 

This happens every year.  How much paper, person time, fuel, phone calls etc get wasted doing this?  If everybody's avis round here get sent out in mid-October, then surely the CPAM must know this already?  [:-))]

The point being, MBK, that it's quite normal not to have got your Avis yet.  We too have had our taxes foncieres demand.

[quote user="cooperlola"]We have just had the annual farcical rounds on this one.  CPAM asks for our tax return as confirmation we live here and are still entitled to CMU de base.  We have had no avis yet so o/h goes into our CPAM with the electronic confirmation that we have filed our tax return, plus a copy of said tax return and the official estimate including our estimated RFR.  He explains that our local tax office has yet to send out the Avis.  Fine, they say, but please send it to us once it is issued.

48 hours later, a letter appears from the CPAM, thanking us for submitting the papers but saying that we cannot continue in CMU unless we send, by return, a copy of our Avis.  I e-mail our tax office just to be sure it's the usual thing (ever since we have been submitting tax returns here, the Avis have not arrived until October.)  No probs, say the tax office, they will be sent out on or around 15th October - this is quite normal and applies to everybody in our area.

I telephone CPAM (I'm going into hospital on Sunday for an operation, so CMU membership is a bit crucial!) and explain.  No problem, they say, we've marked your file. Please just send us a copy of your Avis when you get it. 

This happens every year.  How much paper, person time, fuel, phone calls etc get wasted doing this?  If everybody's avis round here get sent out in mid-October, then surely the CPAM must know this already?  [:-))]

The point being, MBK, that it's quite normal not to have got your Avis yet.  We too have had our taxes foncieres demand.[/quote]

I find that our Avis is viewable on-line somewhat before we ever see the hard copy - might it be worth while using the impots site to get into your documents? Or are you saying that it doesn't even appear on-line for yonks for you?

Regards

Pickles

Powerdesal, quote -Is it ????????

Where does that put those with a residence secondaire and no income declared in France.?-

In the post "Another question about Tax Foncier", Sunday Driver (appologies to Sunday Driver if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick ,yet again!) wrote,-The tax fonciere liability falls on the owner of the property as at 1 January of the tax year. However, the actual fonciere bill isn't calculated until September time because they have to wait until the income tax bills have been issued in case the owner qualifies for any income related reductions or exemptions.:

So thats why I thought it weird we had our Foncier before the income tax bill.

I have tried to peak at the tax bill online ,but I don't want to register !only look, cant quite work out what window to open,but thanks for the idea.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

We have just had the annual farcical rounds on this one.  CPAM asks for our tax return as confirmation we live here and are still entitled to CMU de base.  We have had no avis yet so o/h goes into our CPAM with the electronic confirmation that we have filed our tax return, plus a copy of said tax return and the official estimate including our estimated RFR.  He explains that our local tax office has yet to send out the Avis.  Fine, they say, but please send it to us once it is issued.

SNIP

[/quote]

Funny enough I was just about to post on this issue and then saw this.

I have a friend (yes I really do) who filled in her Impots online this year for the first time. Like you she printed of the estimated calculation at the end but has not yet received the actual Avis. She, like you, has to fill in the CPAM form and send it off with a copy of her Avis but it has not arrived therefore she has not sent it yet. Is there a way of printing off the Avis from the website and if so how do you do it and is it acceptable to the CPAM office.

Just as a side issue with CPAM. Every year she sends copies of all her documents, passport, copy of Carte Vital etc, etc. Is there really a need to do this or can you just return the completed form and the Avis. Surely they must have all this stuff on file and once is sufficient unless her circumstances change.

P.S. I always do my tax form by registered post and I also have not received my Avis back either.

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]I have tried to peak at the tax bill online ,but I don't want to register !only look, cant quite work out what window to open,but thanks for the idea.[/quote]

If you register with the Impots site (so that you get an electronic certificate), you can then look at ALL your tax demands over the last few years, and all your tax returns, plus your TF and TdH.

[quote user="Quillan"]Is there a way of printing off the Avis from the

website and if so how do you do it and is it acceptable to the CPAM

office.[/quote]

If you are registered with the Impots site then you can print off the Avis forms (and anything else that you might want). If CPAM accepts copies then it should accept these printoffs.

Regards

Pickles

We haven't received ours yet but a quick peek at the bank account on Saturday morning showed we have received a rather nice sum from the very nice people at the Tresor Public.

Unfortunately I paid it straight back to them yesterday to pay the Taxe Fonciere!

But still no Avis yet!

Bought house in July 07, paid pro-rata T fonciere then and each year since, no probs. but still had no demand for TdH! On 1 Jan 2008 I walked into the local Tresor Publique, all prepared to hand over some dosh, and was waved away with something about all these things being handled in another town, and not yet anyway. Friends resident in France (I'm not) said the bill doesn't come until autumn anyway, so I waited. Still waiting. Have been advised by other local residents to keep waiting, "they" will catch up with me eventually. One problem is that I have no idea how much it will be - my estate agent couldn't tell me when I bought the house (despite my being constantly assured in house-buying articles that estate agents will be able to provide that information). Shall I keep hanging on? If not, where do I go to get this moving?

[quote user="Kate"] On 1 Jan 2008 I walked into the local Tresor Publique, all ........ If not, where do I go to get this moving?[/quote]

You need to go to "L'Hotel des Impots", which is almost certainly in another town from the Tresor Publique.

Today still no impot .Went to the treasury last Friday and they kindly had a peak for us on the computer and gave us a thumbs up and said it was zero - parfect! No problem. Implied the Impot office will get around to it eventually!It's still worrying cos our neighbour (French) showed me his tax bill that came in August - quite proud to show me how much he has to pay! Perhaps those who's assessment is zero simply get theirs at the last minute.

No, haven't had ours yet having declared online and I know it's not zero, 'cos I asked the miserable receptionist at the tax office for the amount. She said it had been prepared (she's been saying this for the last 6 weeks) and it's not payable until the 15th of November and that it would arrive in due course!!

• 2 weeks later...
We still have no Impot.

Clair wrote these steps but can some one give me a clue as to "what prompts" are expected when looking on line please-

To check online, you will need your Avis d'impôts sur les revenus.

Go to http://www.impots.gouv.fr/

click on on Particuliers,

click on Abonnez-vous à votre espace (either on left-hand side column or under Espace Abonne in the main section of the page)

Enter your Numéro Fiscal (click on the ? to see where to find it) then follow the prompts.

I live in the Vendee and still nothing and that is despite chasing like hell. Paid by prelevements and my experte comptable says I owe x and have paid y so there is a refund due. Have had my social contributions document but not the impot. Am I worrying too much but I just want to get this over with.

Go into www.impots.gouv.fr and click on the Particulier bit. You should then see Acceder or Abboner compte (dependent upon whether you've signed up already). I'm not sure whether the avis shows on line if you haven't completed the forms on line.

iirc your access code is on your tax advice, thus if this is your first year you have no way of accessing your info on the internet.    Like Minnie I don't know either how much info' is on there if you did a manual return (also obligatory if this was your first year.)  Mr Driver probably knows though.[:)]