How Do I Write 108 Euros?

Ron

I have made a website for just that, you can go there anytime type in any sum up to 9,999 it will convert to French, Spanish, German, and I added English as there are some people that will need that as well, the best thing is to go to the website its easy to do any problem let me know.

The link is:  www.euro-cheque.com  The foreign cheque writer

I know I shouldn't blow my own trumpet, otherwise I will get told off by the moderators, but as I'm not sell anything to you, I'm sure they will let me off with a light whipping (if I'm lucky)

Cat

The leconjugueur website is brilliant.  It's not the numbers I need, they're relatively simple.  But, the conjugation of verbs.........truly awesome!

Can't thank you enough, Cat.  Will definitely be the teacher's chouchou now (there I go again, using a French word when an English one will do; re other thread on French words)[:)]

[quote user="Cat"]

I see your insurance has gone up then Marc, it was 102 euros last year. http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/803329/ShowPost.aspx

That link to the tool that writes out french numbers is a good one http://www.leconjugueur.com/frnombre.php  Save it on your computer and perhaps you won't need to ask the same question in 2008 [:)]

[/quote]

I really cannot believe that Marc.  In the period of one year you have learned diddly squit of the french language.  One hundred lines and detention next week.  How on earth do you function?

[quote user="Just Katie"][quote user="Cat"]

I see your insurance has gone up then Marc, it was 102 euros last year. http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/803329/ShowPost.aspx

That link to the tool that writes out french numbers is a good one http://www.leconjugueur.com/frnombre.php  Save it on your computer and perhaps you won't need to ask the same question in 2008 [:)]

[/quote]

I really cannot believe that Marc.  In the period of one year you have learned diddly squit of the french language.  One hundred lines and detention next week.  How on earth do you function?

[/quote]

I am sure this is written in jest but I now have the hump

What have I done in the past year? worked damn hard to provide for my family & pay enough tax for others to sit on there backsides & pick holes. Yes I could learn more & yes if I sat down I would have worked it out. The reason for this web site is to be helped & to help others. I have just returned home & found a pile of mail & took the easy option. Guilty as charged but do not need others to take cheap shots when all I want to do is to get a cheque in the post.

Sorry if I offended & if people have little else to do except look at what others have asked in the past & pick holes - I will give this a miss in future!!

Marc

Ahem, I was actually searching for the link to the number conversion software (which I remembered had been already been posted on the forum in response to a similar request).  Your other post came up as part of that search.

It was an attempt to help you avoid the same problem in the future [blink]

[quote user="marc62"][quote user="Just Katie"][quote user="Cat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure this is written in jest but I now have the hump

What have I done in the past year? worked damn hard to provide for my family & pay enough tax for others to sit on there backsides & pick holes. Yes I could learn more & yes if I sat down I would have worked it out. The reason for this web site is to be helped & to help others. I have just returned home & found a pile of mail & took the easy option. Guilty as charged but do not need others to take cheap shots when all I want to do is to get a cheque in the post.

Sorry if I offended & if people have little else to do except look at what others have asked in the past & pick holes - I will give this a miss in future!!

Marc

[/quote]

Sorry Marc, it certainly WAS written in jest and there is really no need to get the hump................................touchy![:)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Cat

You gave the required information.  If people cannot say thank you nicely, then it's their problem.  You just carry on being the helpful person you are and, as they say, let the devil take the hindmost!

[/quote]

Hi There

If you take a look you will clearly see my reply to thank the person who repied with the answer to my question. It is after I had said "thank you nicely" that the cheap shots begun. Yes I saw & read it in jest but the final comment "How do you function?", this was the straw that gave the hump as there was no need for the comment & it has nothing to do with the writer. As I am sure you are aware, a question mark is placed when a reply is required (question being asked), if the reply given is not to the liking - do not ask.

Yes I found these pages very usefull & I have spent hours on them being helped, helping others & having good banter. However, some people do take things to the extreeme & appear to have little else to do than pick holes. That is the reason for the hump & my reply.

Marc

Hello Katie

I like yourself must be getting very bored with this

1, Yes we have a lovely holiday home in the Vendee where we spend approx 50 nights per year

2, Yes my French could be a lot better but I try very hard & refuse to speak English or even read from an English menu

3, Yes I have a French Bank Account

4, Yes I took the easy option after returning home from holiday & finding that I had to get a cheque in the post immediatly. Is asking a crime?

5, Who do you think you are trying to judge people who work hard & try there best.

Why do you think I cannot speak French?

Whose level of French should I speak to?

Why do you assume it must be very difficult for me & what has it got to do with you anyway?

I have not picked or looked for this debate, all I have done is to ask a question & then thank the person who supplied the answer

[quote user="marc62"] 

all I have done is to ask a question & then thank the person who supplied the answer

[/quote]

And, all I have done is  just asked a question as to how you function with links to France and such limited French.  There was no way I was judging you in anyway. It is the way forums pan out.  There was no rudeness to you, or malice.

Jeepers.....................[blink]

Anyway marc, have your rant if it makes you feel good.  And, to make you feel better I will even let you have the last word.

Merci (that means thank you) [geek] [6] [:D]

[quote user="marc62"]

1, Yes we have a lovely holiday home in the Vendee where we spend approx 50 nights per year

[/quote]

I think what MArc62 meant to say is 

heeeeey you cheeky minx Katie  I don't live in France just pass my holiday there and so I'm not fluent but working on it!!!

Some people are soooooooooooo touchy!