Devon

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

But neither phazed PPP.[:P]

[/quote]How lucky we are to have you here[:)][/quote]

Aren't we just, he is like a walking encyclopedia, is there nothing this man does not know about or is it simply that the Internet can turn any turkey in to an eagle. He must be American judging by some of his spelling which might explain a few things. [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

Aren't we just, he is like a walking encyclopedia, is there nothing this man does not know about or is it simply that the Internet can turn any turkey in to an eagle. He must be American judging by some of his spelling which might explain a few things. [;-)]

[/quote]

Glad you got that off your chest, first thing in the morning!

Hope you didn't dwell on it overnite.[;-)]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it your a late riser then. [:P]

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A trifle this morning after the exquisite Alexandrines.

Happily the thud thud of your boots in synchronised iambic pentameters aroused me.[8-|]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Happily the thud thud of your boots in synchronised iambic pentameters aroused me.[8-|]

[/quote]

Good grief not taken to eating Parakeet's or have you been on the Internet again reading about French poetry. [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"]Funny enough I was thinking about Allanb's comments the other week when

they were talking about the fact that the price of fresh veg in the UK

has gone up by over 4% in a month. This is something I mentioned might

happen ages ago when Stirling started to collapse. As the likes of Tesco

renegotiate their contracts with Pedro in Spain for his tomatoes,

cucumbers etc, he is not concerned about the exchange rate, he just

wants the same 'X' Euros per kilo. With a poor exchange rate the

Stirling price therefore goes up whilst his selling price in Euros stays

the same, but if the UK was in the Euro it wouldn't matter. There are

loads of examples of this sort of thing if you look around and with

failing crops due to the recent drought the UK more food will be

imported from within the EU than normal hence prices will continue to

rise.[/quote]

That's a mighty complicated explanation for something that is really quite simple:

When crops fail, vegetable prices rise because there is a shortage.

This has been observed for hundreds of years and has nothing to do with Tesco or whether the UK adopts the euro.

By the way, I think you should stop calling sterling "Stirling", otherwuse the Scots will start to think it's their own national currency.

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good grief not taken to eating Parakeet's or have you been on the Internet again reading about French poetry. [;-)]

[/quote]

No! READING french poetry; today at local vide grenier a whole 50 centimes invested in a 1940s edition of some fabulous tales by a cat called fountain.

And on financial front infiitesimal exposure to tax in the following countries.[:P]

[IMG]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/53481000/gif/_53481388_eurozone_chart624.gif[/IMG]

Even if it jumps by another 100 billion or so over the weekend.[:D]

[quote user="allanb"][quote user="Quillan"]... he is like a walking encyclopaedia ...[/quote]

... except that when I read an encyclopaedia I can usually understand it.

[/quote]

And it's more interesting.

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="allanb"][quote user="Quillan"]... he is like a walking encyclopaedia ...[/quote]
... except that when I read an encyclopaedia I can usually understand it.
[/quote]

And it's more interesting.
[/quote]

I have an encyclopaedia available in perfect condition, leather bound 14 volumes, publisher Hachette.

Available to either of you, for collection, price deux bisous.

• 1 month later...
[quote user="just john "]anyone noticed the exchange rate . . .[Www][/quote]

The Swiss are getting a bit twichy about the strength of the Franc which is pricing their exports (chocolate, cheese, cookoo clocks and weapons) out of sight while simultaneously detering tourism to their dull, amoral, mountain fortress. Give it another 12 months and they'll be squealing to join the Euro. Possibly.

I imagine that the practical upshot of all of this will be closer integration within the Eurozone.

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="just john "]anyone noticed the exchange rate . . .[Www][/quote]

I imagine that the practical upshot of all of this will be closer integration within the Eurozone.
[/quote]

And to think not just 6 months past everyone, OK the 'experts' were saying the Eurozone and the EU wouldn't exist within 6 weeks. Mind you that old onion has been popping up on a regular basis for what, three year now?

I think the Swiss Franc is the huge winner at the moment, down to 1.09 to the euro and 1.25 to the pound, thats a 15% increase in value against both in 3 months!!  Pity I don't have a Swiss bank account, and hindsight.........    What the betting it will reach parity with the euro???