Will the euro crash in 2011

Devon

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="pachapapa"]

P.S. Put your money in a greek bank account, it pays good interest and there is a government backed guarantee scheme.

[/quote]

Er, Pacha, who's that Greek playwright (somebody whose name ends in ...epides) who wrote those classical Greek tragedies?  You ever heard of him?[:P]

[/quote]

Heard of him? 3P went to university with him [:D]

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="pachapapa"]

P.S. Put your money in a greek bank account, it pays good interest and there is a government backed guarantee scheme.

[/quote]

Er, Pacha, who's that Greek playwright (somebody whose name ends in ...epides) who wrote those classical Greek tragedies?  You ever heard of him?[:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that whilst reading at Imperial, London, City, Wolverhampton , Worcester, Wits or the University of South Africa?

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="woolybanana"]

Individu qui cherche à impressionner par son comportement. (Wiki)

So, looks as if I was right after all!

[/quote]

Frank kéké des plages;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9StXD06Vs

[/quote]

Pacha, I didn't watch to the end of the clip.  Quel frimeur!  I won't ask you which plage that would be![;-)]

Il est odieux, c'est un vrai chameau, c'est certain!

Say no more.....

I will demonstrate my ignorance by asking:

What - other than EU law and fear of reprisals - prevents the Greek government from printing millions of new euros to pay their "workers" when the proper money (if euros still deserve that title) runs out? Or are euro notes only printed from one central source outside Greece?

I can guess at what the effect might be in terms of further rubbishing the value of the euro and creating massive inflation but, from a purely practical viewpoint, would it be physically possible for them to do this?

...on July 15 that the European Banking Authority disclosed that this retail and public-sector finance bank would have a ratio of core Tier One capital to assets of 10.4%, even after incurring notional losses from harsh simulated financial and economic conditions...

There you have it, the dwarf will only let La Poste get involved with a healthy properly run bank.[:D]

One of the "officially" healthiest banks in Europe goes bust. And you wonder why we have little faith in what the ECA tells us?!!!!

What I don't understand is why Ackermann didn't point this out. His bank gets hit because nobody believes the EU pile of poo.

How we get BNP/CA/SocGen telling the world that the don't have to write down Greek Debt by more than 21%. Hands up. Who wants buy Greek Debt at 79%? 50%? 30%. Go on, give us a figure! Officially in France it is worth 79% of face value. Germany/ UK 40-50% as per UK/Grerman banks. Now tell me why French banks will be nationalised? Cloud cookooland?

Davie has the answer.

A collective paying off your credit card will solve the situation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/8807498/Conservative-Party-Conference-2011-pay-off-credit-cards-for-the-sae-of-the-economy-says-David-Cameron.html

But how can I do that?

I have no mortgage, no debts and buy as much as possible with cash on the black.

what about uk people on pensions received in France after poor euro conversion?

If they have any cash in French banks ,then what safety do they have if these banks started to crash ?Their may be a limit of protecting the first say 70,000 euro....but even this could be downgraded or impoosible to pay ....in the worst scenario.

It is very disturbing news for everyone ,whichever country they live in.....it gives you no faith in governments or financial institutes control to be in this position.Should people just draw out any money they have and bury it to pay cash for their food etc.?When that is gone then what?????????????go back to bartering as in past centuries?

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="NickP"]

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Only thing is, Nick, I don't think even Pacha is as old as that!

[/quote]

Oh yes he is!!!!  (Christmas is coming)   all trolls are very old [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]A quick reply from "the authority on the subject" AB I'm stepping in  to advise you not to commit suicide just yet, as the figure is currently € 100,000 but there are conditions, citizenship or residency for example.[/quote]

Does that mean that second homeowners that have some money in a French bank have no protection?

[quote user="WJT"][quote user="NickP"]A quick reply from "the authority on the subject" AB I'm stepping in  to advise you not to commit suicide just yet, as the figure is currently € 100,000 but there are conditions, citizenship or residency for example.[/quote] Does that mean that second homeowners that have some money in a French bank have no protection?[/quote]

I would refer you to my learned friend 3P when he surfaces into the daylight. [:D] 

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Will he be telling us about the 'conditions, citizenship or residency' which the Guarantee Fund doesn't appear to know about.....?

[/quote]

Oh I don't know, but he will probably come out with a lot of blather about things that nobody wants to know, or indeed asked about; or would even be interested in. Still some of it's entertaining in a strange sort of way. [:D]

[quote user="WJT"][quote user="NickP"]A quick reply from "the authority on the subject" AB I'm stepping in  to advise you not to commit suicide just yet, as the figure is currently € 100,000 but there are conditions, citizenship or residency for example.[/quote] Does that mean that second homeowners that have some money in a French bank have no protection?[/quote]

b) Ma banque est une succursale d’un établissement dont le siège social est à l’étranger, suis-je couvert ?

S’il s’agit d’un établissement dont le siège social est hors l’Espace Economique Européen (cf. liste des pays de l’Espace Economique Européen), sa succursale française qui doit être agréée par les autorités françaises, relève des mécanismes de garantie français. En revanche, si l’établissement a son siège social dans un Etat de l’Espace Économique Européen, le mécanisme applicable à sa succursale est en principe celui en vigueur dans son propre pays.

En tout état de cause, l’établissement auprès duquel vous envisagez d’ouvrir un compte ou d’effectuer une opération doit vous informer sur le (ou les) système de garantie auquel il adhère.

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Will he be telling us about the 'conditions, citizenship or residency' which the Guarantee Fund doesn't appear to know about.....?

[/quote]

Oh I don't know, but he will probably come out with a lot of blather about things that nobody wants to know, or indeed asked about; or would even be interested in. Still some of it's entertaining in a strange sort of way. [:D]

[/quote]

[:D] Strange with the excellent bank deposit guarantee system in place that account holders at Dexia withdrew € 300,000,000 yesterday on tuesday.

Am I missing something?[:P]

300 millions d'euros retirés

Les clients de Dexia Banque Belgique, qui appartient au groupe bancaire franco-belge Dexia, ont retiré mardi 300 millions d'euros de leurs comptes, affirme mercredi le quotidien économique belge néerlandophone De Tijd.

Thank you PPP. However, I'm still not sure. It sounds to me that it applies to French resident in regards to a French bank that is perhaps domiciled elsewhere?

CCSO is a French domiciled bank as far as I'm aware but not sure if being a UK resident would give us the same protection if it goes under?