Another airline to serve Angouleme/Poitiers?

Our maire gave me a copy letterfrom the airport saying they are having a "special english language day" on 26th March, including tasting of regional products. They also said info is available on www.aeroport-angouleme-cognac.com. However, when I looked it said site under construction!

Although I am pleased that Ryanair will be flying to Stanstead, the arrival is so late there that any delay means a train to London won't be available. In any event it will be almost impossible for a satisfactory onward journey.

The airport letter speaks very bullishly about promoting and hopefully expanding the service, so I will take the opportunity to make the above comment. It may sound like ungrateful whinging before they even get going but, as an example, when my son visits us later this year he will fly into Angouleme but have to return from Poitiers.

"It may sound like ungrateful whinging before they even get going but, as an example, when my son visits us later this year he will fly into Angouleme but have to return from Poitiers."

At least these days it is possible to buy to singles and mix and match. A shame Easy Jet have bought GB Airways as they too were planning to fly from U.K. (LGW) to Angouleme.