Things to do.............

Right all, need some help please. My sister-in-law, hubby and 2 kids (aged 8 and 10) are arriving for a few days next weekend. We had planned to go to the coast for the day (realise it wont be sunbathing weather but least can walk about) and other trips out and about but Im beginning to doubt the weather is going to be anything but grey and wet lol. What else is there that we could do? We have lived here for over 3 years but havent done much of the touristy stuff, tending to stick to lakes and free things. Sight-seeing of the pretty villages isnt the same when its raining! Any suggestions please?

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

B*gger....[:@]

All this talk about the Vendee - this morning I said to Mrs Sunday, do you fancy a run out to Les Sables to have a look at the beached ship?

Arrived there - no sign of it, beach swept clean...[:(]

[/quote]

You do make me laugh SD!![:D]

They moved the ship to La Rochelle......I was keen to see how they did it after watching the diggers move tons of sand from round it at low tide and create a channel out to sea ......When the time came for the move .....the beach view web cam was mysteriously turned off ......now why do you think someone would want to turn it off.?.....If it all went wrong and and thousands of people saw it me thinks ! 

Things for children ....At Talmont  St Hilaire  there is a big old castle that once was used by Richard the Lionheart .... as he was also the  Duke of Talmont  once I believe ...There are things they do for children like dress them, up in medieval costume and give them wooden swords and shields and get them to parade about ..and whack each other all supervised ..Also there are medieval games and archery  to have a go at ...The staff are dressed up for the part... and tell you the history of the place .My son takes the grandchildren ...they like it ..and they are two girls ..boys would really love it  ...the weather this weekend is forcast sunshine but its going to be cold