We have a bee's nest in one chimney possibly two. They are too high up for us to reach. We left them last year but they are really becoming a problem. Keep getting them in the house. We have been told the Pompier don't come out any more.

Does anyone know of anyone who will give us an estimate for removing bee's in a chimney.

Katy

Katy ............

Look on the current 'Hornet' thread, which has developed in to a 'Bee' thread as a result of  ........... well, bees.

Pages Jaunes under Apiculture will find you someone, or alternatively Ventodue's link to bee keepers in your area. 

Pages Jaunes under Apiculture will find you someone, or alternatively Ventodue's link to bee keepers in your area. 

Which happens to be me.[8-|] Unfortunately you are the 7th person today that I know of with bees in either their roof or chimney in this area. Sadly there is nothing that can be done in this situation, the only possibility is to keep a slow smoky fire going if they have only just arrived in the hope that they may abandon their new home.

Chris

Well we tried the slow smokey chimney routine, as we now have a woodburner next to the nest, which we believe has been there for about three years, before we owned the house.

I think they have got a bit miffed and today they swarmed and have now settled in the chimney, on the other side of the house. Bees in the house, big time. Not sure what to do next, as we have no fire on that side and have no way to get to them.

I have nothing against bees. In fact I know they are getting endangered but they are a bloody nuisance in the house. We thought we could just ignore them and let them go about their merry way but they are really becoming a problem, that we have to deal with.

[quote user="Katy"] We have been told the Pompier don't come out any more. [/quote]

They will come out but will charge, as the product used is very expensive.  It will be a shame if you can't find a beekeeper, as the products used by the pompiers will kill them.

I would love to find a beekeeper to take them but they are too high up. Our house is quite tall. I really don't like the idea of killing them either.

Apparently a friend phoned the Pompiers for us and they said they don't do it anymore but they have a list of folks that do.

We havn't done anything yet as funds are tight at the moment.

We will go to the Marie and see if they can give us any advice.

Kate