Blues at the chateau

Last night we went to Javersay Chateau at Chef Boutonne, looking forward for months to see two bands, both blues.... Fanatic Puppets and Blues Power Band. Neither turned up, no announcement or apologies from the organisers.  A band did play with the organiser playing the drums....but it was not blues?  Were they allowed to accept our money? Most evenings are very good and the crowd stay till well after midnight but very early people were leaving. I have just emailed him and wonder if I will get a reply?.... I did get the blues!

I am English, I like the Brits, I love having conversations that I can understand but I would not live in Chef Boutonne because of the huge amount of expats living there. We gave up chambre d'hote three years ago because to be honest it was only house hunters that stayed with us and they are pretty rare these days. I would not suggest gites either, not because I own two but it is saturation point in this area. Many retired folk live there because of the doctors, dentist, hairdressers, vets, cafes, boulongeries, ect so it does attract many househunters. Being young (you not me) I would suggest living near to Niort or Poitiers for entertainment.

bonne chance

I am leaving Chef Boutonne in August after five years. There are some lovely people here; It also has more than it's fair share of gossipy, wino's, who work on the black, and will do anything for a few euro's. Horrible place;

Hi,

I emailed the organiser as well & got a very comprehensive answer as to why The Blues Power Band didn't play. It seems that there was a last minute request from the band for a lot more money which Surfin Boutonne could & would not afford.

I don't know why Fanatic Puppets did't turn up, I did take a look at them on you tube & they aren't no blues band, more like punk thrash so at least we were saved a right ear bashing. I thougt that the stand in band did a very good job of providing both the support & main acts & I stayed on till about 12.30.

Personally I think that Surfin Boutonne do a really good job of providing good low cost live music & this is the first time that there has ever been a problem. I for one will keep going

[quote user="mooky"]I am leaving Chef Boutonne in August after five years. There are some lovely people here; It also has more than it's fair share of gossipy, wino's, who work on the black, and will do anything for a few euro's. Horrible place;[/quote]

Oh dear, a touch of the bitters I think! I read your other post about the French legal system; I don't suppose it's coloured your judgement much!! [Www]

I'll bet that there are some very indignant people in Chef-Boutonne who are now relieved to be losing such a good neighbour.  [;-)]  And, yes, it's my local town, and I like it!

Sid

Your choice, I hope you remain very happy there. There is no bitterness. I am just one of these rare people who tells the truth.

You can't choose your family, but you can your neighbours. I have chosen some but not others, as I am sure you have.

And yes, thank God I am not one of them. Fine.