Is anyone on this forum from ( or have a home ) in the Vendee` , most of the correspondance seems to be further inland ( deux sevres area ) or further south , surley some people reside in the Vendee !! We have a property in 85700 .

It would be nice to exchange info eating , going out , shopping etc

Thanks

Keith .p

Quick off the draw or what?  I've got puter problems, it goes off and on line at will and usually when I am in the middle of writing something. 

Look in PMs again, my post might or might not have got to you..........

Oops, sorry, for hijacking thread............

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay , I have been away , St Gilles ........nice , we like it there , my neibhour ( in France ) also has a house there , yes it is a bit far to exchange local news but if you are about 85700 and we are in the country love to share a glassor 3

Hi Keith

My husband Tom and I have a holiday home in St Florent des Bois ( on the road between la Roche and Mareuil sur Lay). We're fairly frequent visiters and have had our house for over tenyears now so are getting to know the area quite well.

Where are you?.......the post code didn't mean anything I'm afraid. Are you permanently there?  Lots of questions, all of which I'm sure you can work out for yourself.

We have an old stone farmhouse about 1k from the centre of the village. The house has yet to be renovated to 21st or even 2nd half of 20th century standards but as a holiday home it siuts us for the time being.We'll be over at the end of the month for just over a week but then not again till Feb/Mar next year.

happy to reply, answer questions or whatever

regards

Jane Martin

Post edited by the moderators. Please do not post your personal details on the message boards.

Ah..................what date is it today?  I know it's Monday cause I've just returned from the Vendée.

Anyway, I was told that Deux-Sèvres is also really Vendée, except that Napoleon called it 2S.

Met at least 3 people who know about Wooly through his book.  Will PM you soon but just back this evening and what with being glad to be still alive, looking round the garden, picking the walnuts, preparing and cooking dinner and catching up on here, je suis crevée!

• 2 weeks later...
Now live in the Vendee after some many years in isolation in Normandie.

Love it but will probably be moving further south to an area I really love and that being the Rhone.

One would have thought being a valley boy as in Porth in the Rhondda Valley and then careers both in banking and latterly law that I would settle down after perhaps 14 moves in my career.

Seriously love the Vendee but today like most places is dire and have seen Clint Eastwood and his horse at the top of the street and bushwood being blown by the wind.

• 2 months later...

Seriously love the Vendee but today like most places is dire and have seen Clint Eastwood and his horse at the top of the street and bushwood being blown by the wind.

Clint will need more than his poncho on today....Latranche web cam shows snow on the beach !  .. Schools are closed ... people moaning about the difficult  travelling  conditions and the bitter cold ......its  -2......  Have the dogs gone out yet Wooly ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Keith

Haven't been on this forum for a very long time but have a house in Vendee and are fequent visitors.  Like Mme Poivre we are happy to share info, although most of what we knows invovles places to visit to entertain kids !

Emma :)