Somebody to pump out fosse

Hi and welcome

I suppose I shouldn't give the following advice because its not legal but in rural areas it is quite normal to find a local farmer with a huge tank and tractor who will for a cash consideration of +/- €100 come and remove the contents of your fosse.  A word with your neighbours will no doubt find the name of the local farmer.  As I say, not legal and you certainly wont get a fosse emptying certificate but when in Rome etc....

EDIT - crossed post with Sid, certainly in my area the farmer will come and do it, I had mine emptied fairly recently and it was my plumber who gave me the name of the guy!

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Hi and welcome

I suppose I shouldn't give the following advice because its not legal but in rural areas it is quite normal to find a local farmer with a huge tank and tractor who will for a cash consideration of +/- €100 come and remove the contents of your fosse.  A word with your neighbours will no doubt find the name of the local farmer.  As I say, not legal and you certainly wont get a fosse emptying certificate but when in Rome etc....

EDIT - crossed post with Sid, certainly in my area the farmer will come and do it, I had mine emptied fairly recently and it was my plumber who gave me the name of the guy!

[/quote]

That's what we did - cost £100 cash.  We had already had our SPANC inspection - and they never asked for fosse emptying certs, just told us our fosse didn't comply - which we knew anyway.  In any case our mairie just shrugged about the SPANC visit (and the two year deadline) and said it was up to them (the mairie) to enforce not SPANC.  It was actually a neighbour who is on the local council (and responsible for enforcing compliance re the new fosse regs) who arranged for the local farmer to come and empty it for us.

Mrs R51

Thank you all for your welcome and help.

Some friends found a company in L’Isle-Jourain but a twenty minute trip to our place was too far for them. There seems to be a complete lack of enterprise spirit however a bit frustrating but I suppose that is also part of the attraction.

I shall take the advice and see the Mairie.