Rennes Airport to Quimper

Hi, Does anyone have info on transport from Rennes Airport to  Rennes railway station, also changing trains at Lorient or Redon - I'll have a decent size suitcase but have an injured shoulder, I've been told to avoid heavy lifting so if it meant changing platforms (down stairs and up again for example) that might not work well. There is a train direct to Quimper buy not until after 4pm.......

Doesn't look promising!

BUS ENTRE VILLE ET AEROPORT

La ligne de bus n°57 situé à 800 m de l'aéroport relie le centre-ville de Saint-Jacques de la Lande. Cette ligne relie le centre de Rennes en 35 minutes.
Les départs de bus s'effectuent toutes les heures entre 6h50 et 19h45. La fréquence est plus forte en début et fin de journée.
Pour de plus amples informations, contactez la compagnie "STAR" : 0811 555 535.

800 metres in my opinion is a long way dragging a suitcase.

[quote user="Russethouse"] Hi, Does anyone have info on transport from Rennes Airport to  Rennes railway station[/quote]

There is a taxi rank immediately outside the front of the arrivals exit at Rennes, and there have always been taxis waiting there every one of the many times I have been to the airport. No stairs at all during the exit. It is such a small airport.

Sue

[quote user="Russethouse"] Hi, Does anyone have info on transport from Rennes Airport to  Rennes railway station, also changing trains at Lorient or Redon - I'll have a decent size suitcase but have an injured shoulder, I've been told to avoid heavy lifting so if it meant changing platforms (down stairs and up again for example) that might not work well. There is a train direct to Quimper buy not until after 4pm.......[/quote]

Sorry I do not know but changing at Lorient and Redon will probably mean stairs, some do have lifts. The biggest problem I would have thought will be lifting the suitcase on and off the trains. Hopefully there will be someone to help.

Direct to Quimper sounds a good option despite the wait.