Breakfast in Dinard or Dinan? Overnight Dinan/St Malo?

Anybody got any recommendations for those stepping off the overnight ferry to get a decent croissant etc before setting off for points East?

EDIT : Just had another one (they're all planning the trip over in June)

"Does anyone know of a nice hotel either at St Malo or close by or on the way between St Malo and Le Mans?

Criteria:

Town or edge of town location so that we can go out in the evening for a stroll / meal / beer
Interesting town / historical
Secure car parking for interesting / classic cars
Not ridiculously expensive but doesn't need to be low budget."

I like Ibis breakfasts, of all the eco hotels they were always the best that we had.  In fact in general for a cheap hotel I like Ibis the best. We have used the Balladins too, they seemed to go and then come back and don't know whether they still exist and they aren't bad either.

For the overnighters I would recommend taking a side step (its not on the way to Le Mans) and staying at the Hotel Le D'Avaugour in Dinan and eating at either Mr Robert or Le Cantobury both very good restaurants. Mr Robert is quite innovative. ( see Trip advisor for reviews) Ah, just seen the secure parking .......maybe other hotels in Dinan offer it , but at D'Avaugour you could have a room overlooking the parking if that would help ...

We always breakfast in St Malo at a place which is at right angles to the Hotel Univers, there is a large public car park just outside the walls (near the tourist office) and you just walk through the entrance to Intra Muros and its diagonally opposite

[quote user="cooperlola"]I'm not sure that many of them have secure parking though, Idun. [/quote]

Now that has thrown me. I don't usually think of such a thing, although thinking about it, some places we have stayed in have had a vague sort of secure parking.